PG Music Home
Posted By: w Orchestral-works - 06/23/18 02:43 PM
Classical composition.

https://soundcloud.com/midiw/orchestral-works

(Mac 2018 Band multiple track recordings.)

First time posting, did i get this right ?
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Orchestral-works - 06/23/18 02:57 PM
Yes, the link works and I enjoyed listening. Maybe the first attempt at a classical composition I`ve heard here.
Nice interplay of instruments, especially on the energetic playful sections.
It would be good to post more info about how you created this.

Robert
Posted By: w Re: Orchestral-works - 06/23/18 03:39 PM
Robert,

Thanks for taking the time to listen/review my first posting being a classical composition.

That's good advice to provide info as to how I create my compositions.

This composition took me a long time ( 6+ months ) and so many details and huge struggles and frustrations with the Mac 2018 Band are buried in this old foggy head. I will have to set up a system here to keep track on what i did.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Orchestral-works - 06/23/18 04:55 PM
w,

That is impressive!

A very pleasant listen. Moves well, keeps the ear engaged. Well mixed.

Unlike anything I've heard done with BIAB, for sure.

Enjoyed that.

fj
Posted By: furry Re: Orchestral-works - 06/23/18 05:22 PM
WOW, What a wonderful creation. So melodic, and such a masterful arrangement. Looking forward to hearing more
Posted By: w Re: Orchestral-works - 06/23/18 06:23 PM
fj and Graham............

Thank you for your supportive comments because they will help me to finish my work on another composition that's in the works .

At the moment I'm working on a " cover song " Somewhere In The Night - a ballad written by Richard Kerr and lyricist Will Jennings which was a US Top 20 hit for both Helen Reddy and Barry Manilow in the 70's.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Orchestral-works - 06/24/18 07:24 PM
This was very cool. I could see this being the background for an animation.. Well done
Posted By: Al-David Re: Orchestral-works - 06/24/18 09:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Scott C
This was very cool. I could see this being the background for an animation.. Well done

Fully agree with Scott. I think he summed it up perfectly. You are a talented composer. Tip of the hat for a great production.

Alan
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Orchestral-works - 06/26/18 02:32 AM
Hello, w

Great composition!
Full orchestration is dazzling.
I am also very interested in classical composing, but I have many problems with my composition skills.
I tried several times, but I have not finished my work yet.
I am jealous of you.
Really beautiful work!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Orchestral-works - 06/26/18 04:07 AM
Hi, w:

Wow, incredibly well done! Others have nailed it--great background music for an animated short or film. But that aside, this is a complex production, beautifully executed. Awesome work!

All the best,

Deej
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Orchestral-works - 06/26/18 11:56 AM
Wow - you nailed this! It sound so full and epic. I can imagine this sounding perfect in a movie or a video game. It is so cinematic and animated. The multiple courses it takes too keep it sounding fresh the whole way through.

Not a thing I'd change here - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Orchestral-works - 06/26/18 01:25 PM
Wow, this song has a really magical feel to it! We don't get to hear much in the way of classical styles around the User Showcase, so thanks so much for showing it off!
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Orchestral-works - 06/28/18 09:07 PM

I agree with Al. This is pretty stunning.

SO many ways it could be used in film.

Extremely impressive.

Wanna give us some background on how you did this?

I am totally fascinated.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Orchestral-works - 07/04/18 08:17 PM
Could imagine the first part in a Harry Potter film!! Other part in some other. What orchestral plugin are you using? Sounds amazing!! Beautiful work!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums