PG Music Home
Posted By: Tano Music Cavalletta (Grasshopper) - very fast 3/4 - 07/12/18 11:18 AM
I was wondering how fast I could make a 3/4 tempo with BIAB...so this track varies the speed from 300bpm all the way up to 500bpm, with a 'breather' in the middle at 150. Interesting exercise..

[Link no longer valid]
(Instrumental)

Style JWZ_300
RT's: 2191 Elec Piano; 552 Acoustic Piano; 1298 Pedal Steel, 782 Tenor Sax
Midi: Bass, Elec Guitar ,strings, Choir Pad, Dulcimer, Bassoon, Shaker, Recorder, Calliope, Whistle, Mallets
Excellent production , has just the right speeds!!!
Interesting experiment. Love to see a live band of humans try to do that! smile

Cool.

J&B
Wow - what an interesting and wonderfully bizarre tune! I'm almost getting a Frank Zappa/Captain Beefheart sort of vibe here. It is unorthodox, dizzying, but also somehow infectious and catchy too. I really enjoy how unpredictable and strange it sounds.

Great work here, Tano - thanks for sharing smile
This sounded like such a fun experiment! It was really going pretty fast at times. I definitely sounds like you had fun with it!
Clifton, J&B, Deryk, Ember...thanks for listening!!
Posted By: EMG Re: Cavalletta (Grasshopper) - very fast 3/4 - 07/14/18 07:36 AM
Very original! I liked it so much!
Posted By: Scott C Re: Cavalletta (Grasshopper) - very fast 3/4 - 07/14/18 11:25 PM
I agree this is a very interesting song. Pretty cool song. Nice tempo change up.
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Interesting experiment. Love to see a live band of humans try to do that! smile

Cool.

J&B

Yep - some pretty fast-moving fingers!!!

I enjoyed your experiment. Nicely done. I really enjoyed the 150 breather. But the rest was, indeed, interesting. Nothing like a good experiment! Nicely done!

ALan
EMG, Scott, Alan..thanks for checking out my “hyper speed waltz!”
Posted By: MarioD Re: Cavalletta (Grasshopper) - very fast 3/4 - 07/15/18 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Deryk - PG Music
Wow - what an interesting and wonderfully bizarre tune! I'm almost getting a Frank Zappa/Captain Beefheart sort of vibe here. It is unorthodox, dizzying, but also somehow infectious and catchy too. I really enjoy how unpredictable and strange it sounds.

Great work here, Tano - thanks for sharing smile

Since I am a big fan of Zappa and a Beefheart I caught the same vibe. But I also heard some John Coltrane and Jimmy Smith in there.

Excellent work here. It just amazes me what a good musician and BiaB can do together.
Thanks Mario...I’ve always liked Zappa, and don’t know Beefheart at all, but my inspiration on this was Hermeto Pascual, who you could probably say is the Brazilian Frank Zappa. Thanks for listening!
Very cool tune! Enjoyed! Take care. Greg
Hello, Tom

I feel Tango much in this tune.
It may be due to the chord progression.
Very unique but beautiful.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Greg, Shigeki..thank you for checking this out, and your comments!
© PG Music Forums