PG Music Home
Posted By: J&G first ime i used BIAB to write a musical - 07/17/18 01:07 AM

JUST SHOW YOUR TEETH was fun biab project with a couple kids and i got to play bunch of kazoos. it's from a Christmas musical "Dancer the footloose Reindeer"

https://soundcloud.com/sappersteinandmurway/just-show-your-teeth-1

normally i'll use sibelius and cubase to handle the orchestral stuff. this show was all rhythm section so i wanted to take a shot with the real tracks although there are several tunes that are embellished with sibelius but all of the rhythm sections are all built on biab. we started doing these types of tracks for our musicals so that our client theater companies and their musical directors could hear them vs just having charts to review the music. one thing led to another and now we provide the 'performance tracks' to the theaters that lease our scripts.

BIAB was an incredible tool and a great time saver.

for me biab was supposed to be an idea pad but PG kept improving and adding cool stuff. i find myself gravitating to biab more often ever. i just started noodling with their loops and they put some crazy cool stuff in there that is very commensurate with what i see in my DAWS. keep the goog stuff comin' PG.

and i got to play a bunch of kazoo tracks which was fun.
gary,

This is a fun listen. Very well done. Enjoyed it.

floyd
Welcome to the forums J&G smile Really nice work on the first tune. It's really cute, and makes me think of the kind of thing my godson would be listening to (he's 3).

Keep up the good work - I'm excited to hear what else you come up with smile Thanks for sharing!
Welcome to the PG Music Showcase. The kids were terrific! And the kazoos were pretty danged impressive. This was a real joy to listen to. Thanks for the super listen!

Alan
Welcome to the forum!! This is really cute and really well written! Come back soon! Take care. Greg
Hi Gary, Thanks for sharing this with us! I really enjoyed the overall tone of this. Fantastic choice of instrumentation. Very cute and expressive and it made me show my teeth! grin Great work and welcome to the forums!
Posted By: Scott C Re: first ime i used BIAB to write a musical - 07/17/18 08:39 PM
Hi Gary Welcome to the forum. Very cool use of BIAB. This song was just excellent. I am sure the kids will love it..
Hello, gary

Very nice musical tune!
The kids were terrific!
I agree with Greg.
Welcome to the forum!! This is really cute and really well written! Come back soon!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Gary,

Those are some kids! This is well written and produced - and a nice change of pace for the forum.
I hope there`s more to come.

Robert
© PG Music Forums