PG Music Home
A Glowing Afternoon

A quiet, minimalistic tune with a mellow campfire vibe to it that I hope you enjoy cool

Anyway, here come the formalities:

Style is BORRUM.STY
Style MIDI Instruments are : Nylon String Guitar (25), Acoustic Piano (1), Nylon String Guitar (25), Slow String (50),
MIDI SuperTracks in style: 3011:Piano, Rhythm CelticSlowWaltzDave Ev 100
MIDI SuperTracks in style: 2059:Strings, Rhythm CelticWaltz Ev 100

p.s. I changed the strings patch to accordion to compliment the accordion melody, and further the "campfire" effect. I also raised the bass up an octave and changed the sound to same kind of guitar as on the guitar track, the intended effect being a fuller guitar that does bass & fingering. It worked much better than I had hoped for (once I had found a good VST for the job), so well in fact that now I rather want this kind of playing style done properly from PG as a "Solo-accompaniment" RT... hint-hint, nudge-nudge wink
I like it! This would be a great song to backup a quiet, sombre scene in a western movies - or, perhaps, a more modern movie out in nature. I liked it a lot! Best to you.

ALan
Wow, that didn't take long, song's barely been up 15 minutes! shocked
Lovely piece of music. Love the melody
Originally Posted By: Al-David
I like it! This would be a great song to backup a quiet, sombre scene in a western movies - or, perhaps, a more modern movie out in nature. I liked it a lot! Best to you.

ALan

Yes, Alan called it! It really has wonderful emotion that would make a great score for the right scene. Great job Eddie!! Take care. Greg
Much obliged, Scott & Greg, much obliged cool
Exactly as advertised. laugh
Icelander you nailed the campfire music so well that I almost started to make smores! The hardest pieces of music to mix properly are the less dense ones but you nailed it here.

Great work.
Originally Posted By: dcuny
Exactly as advertised. laugh
I'm gonna go out on a limb here - beats the alternative? wink
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Icelander you nailed the campfire music so well that I almost started to make smores!
NIce piece of running with the analogy there, heh... I guess I'll be making the cocoa, then!
Originally Posted By: MarioD
The hardest pieces of music to mix properly are the less dense ones..
Indeed, and trust it to our "Mr. Midi" man to pick up on this one, where the addition of midi sound makes that observation even more true. I myself only came to that whole "making things more difficult for myself" realisation after I was well past the point of no return crazy

Glad to still get that vote of confidence on the outcome from the Man of Midi. Really means a lot, thank you.
Very nice. It conjures up lots of outdoorsy images.

We agree with Al that it is very cinematic in feel.

Thanks for including the background info on how you put it together.

Enjoyed it!

J&B
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Very nice. It conjures up lots of outdoorsy images.
The irony being that I'm far from being the "outdoorsy" type! laugh
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Thanks for including the background info on how you put it together.
Sure, one must always respect the "formalities"... thanks likewise for the positive feedback cool
Tranquil and melodic- I didn`t know Midi folk could sound this good. The subtle changes you made seem to be the key so thanks for sharing that.

Robert
Right on with the whole campfire vibe. I can see people sitting around a campfire talking, sharing memories and eventually just quietly gazing by the end of it.

I always like songs that create a feeling. It's especially cool if it can be done without words. You did that.

Great job!
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Tranquil and melodic- I didn't know Midi folk could sound this good. The subtle changes you made seem to be the key so thanks for sharing that.

I reckon it's all about finding that fine balance between improving upon the things at your disposal on one hand, and on the other hand not try 'fix' what wasn't broken to begin with. It's an endless search, if you ask me, but I'm glad you liked the outcome in this case.
I don't remember your name from any of my earlier submissions, so thank you likewise for stopping by for the listen & feedback smile
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I always like songs that create a feeling. It's especially cool if it can be done without words. You did that.
Oh wow, for someone like me, who's very much known as the "instrumental" musician around here, that compliment could hardly hit the mark better! Thank you for that one!!
Hello, Eddie

Very nice campfire music!
Tranquil and melodic!
I felt harmonica would also fit this melody.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.
Good luck with the Xtra Styles 5 contest!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Spectacular. Very nice and clean.
I'm a "few words" man unless I drink some beers.
Today I had only water, so that's it.
Great.
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Eddie

Very nice campfire music!
Tranquil and melodic!
I felt harmonica would also fit this melody.
Sure, and I went back and forth on which way to go there. I decided in the end on testing this accordion since that's the more common instrument of the two over here (including in campfire setting).
Also I thought I was dangerously close to overusing the harmonica in my other recent submissions and felt it could use a little rest... it'll be back soon enough, I'm sure, no worries wink

p.s. I don't think my music has ever reached all the way over to Japan on the other side of the globe before! - The interweb sure has no borders cool
Originally Posted By: EMG
Spectacular. Very nice and clean.
I'm a "few words" man unless I drink some beers.
Today I had only water, so that's it.
Cool cool
I've now also made a Youtube version, with the music 'cleverly' superimposed over some footage of burning logs (sound & all)... just to really hammer in the much mentioned campfire element grin
Seems to work out alright:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kN5EnoprQ
© PG Music Forums