PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef Skeptical Friends - 09/17/18 10:36 PM
Many of friends told me not to buy BiaB during this summer. They told me that I would not be able to make modern dance/house-music with this software. Here's my answer:

https://soundcloud.com/user-656274325/skeptical-friends

Only using the _Electro.sty - no extra VI's added. Just a nice arrangement of chords... I love BiaB!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/18/18 09:53 AM
Will,

Welcome to the Showcase.

Good job of showing a side of BIAB that we don't see on a regular basis...

fj
Posted By: Scott C Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/18/18 10:12 AM
Very cool backtrack. Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/18/18 10:19 AM
Nice work on this Will smile Very different compared to what you usually hear on the showcase, and a great example of Band-in-a-Box's versatility. I love the groove here, and you made good use of those pad synths.

Great job, and thanks for sharing!
Posted By: gruverider Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/18/18 06:28 PM
Good to hear this side of BIAB. And because of your back story I love the title.

well done, much enjoyed!
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/18/18 06:42 PM
Cool to hear a different side of BiaB.

Welcome to the forum!

J&B
Posted By: Tano Music Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/18/18 07:07 PM
Will, excellent first 'experiment' with BIAB! Great sound, good judgements on RT's/chord chart, etc. Looking forward to more of your work!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/18/18 07:26 PM
Thank you very much to all of you for your kind replies! As you can hear it was a "quick and dirty" testing of the possibilities in BiaB. smile

I promise I will work a bit harder on my next songs in BiaB!

Will
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/18/18 08:20 PM
Hi Will and welcome!! I think you proved that our friends are not always right! The tools are available in BIAB to create just about anything we want. I know it takes some effort to do so, but doesn't anything worthwhile? Keep provin' em wrong! Rock on and thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/21/18 08:49 PM
Nice to see that you could prove them wrong. You can do a lot with BIAB and a dash of creativity. Tell your friends, "Use your IMAGINATION, Squidward!" grin
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/21/18 09:20 PM
Thank you! Yes, A lot can be done with BIAB and I try to see challenges instead of limitations.

I've owned BIAB for almost 3 weeks now and I am truly amazed by the possibilities, but I start to see where the limitations MAYBE could be... I think it will be difficult to make songs like Jean-Michel Jarre or Tangerine Dream did... and maybe also some Prince styles or the Soul-to-Soul style from the late 80's but I will for sure try those genres too...

Still I am very happy with my purchase!

Will
Posted By: animarorecords Re: Skeptical Friends - 09/22/18 03:26 AM
Hello, Will

Congratulations with your first post!
As others said, cool to hear a different side of BiaB.
Welcome to the Showcase!

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Skeptical Friends - 10/12/18 08:40 PM
Sorry, Shigeki.

I saw your post late.
Thank you very much for listening!

Will
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Skeptical Friends - 10/14/18 08:54 PM
Welcome to the forum!! Yes, BIAB can do just about anything! Some really nice changes in this as the song evolves. Very cool music!! Looking forward to hearing more as you continue to explore the program! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums