PG Music Home
Posted By: Gary Weder made with BIAB - 09/23/18 09:39 AM
Hi all.
I use BIAB and Real Band for my songwriting https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZkcPfaBgxkX3pwzDCsDEXg
I have just begun posting them to YouTube (with many more to come) to give them some air and purpose.
There are some really talented people here and I would love to get some advice to improve my songwriting.
Thanks
Gary.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: made with BIAB - 09/23/18 11:26 AM
Gary,

Welcome to the Showcase!

I had a listen to "make me well again". Nicely done. The song is well written, the arrangement works well, nice vocals and a good mix. I'd say you are doing just fine without needing advice... smile

It would be nice to know what RealTracks you are using - the piano, for instance?... the shaker and tambourine sound like they were recorded live???

Well done.

fj
Posted By: Tangmo Re: made with BIAB - 09/23/18 11:30 AM
Make me well again. Very, very nice.

No work no more. What a sad piece, sparse and raw.

Like the video work too. Subscribing.
Posted By: Will Josef Re: made with BIAB - 09/23/18 08:35 PM
I also started with "Make me well again". Very nice song.

Please tell us what parts was done with BiaB and which parts did you do yourself with other instruments/software. It is always interesting to know and we can learn from your experiences with the software.

Looking forward to hear more songs.

Will
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: made with BIAB - 09/23/18 09:09 PM
Gary, welcome to the forum!! I also listened to make me well again. It is a very nice tune with a wonderful melody (really liked the piano in this)! Sounds like you are off to a great start using the BIAB program and I look forward to what you have coming our way in the future! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: rayc Re: made with BIAB - 09/24/18 07:32 AM
Gary,
I'm like the dog in ancient Rome that had two bones.
Too many choices so I opted out.
Please pick a track and post it as the starting point on the journey.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: made with BIAB - 09/24/18 11:41 AM

Gary,

Welcome.

Yes I listened to Make Me Well Again as well and found it to be really well performed and really well mixed and mastered. Great vocals.

I would say you are on a steep learning curve, going just great, and once again welcome to the forum!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: made with BIAB - 09/24/18 12:12 PM
I also decided to listen to Make Me Well again and I really enjoyed it! Nice and relaxing, and excellent use of the harmonica - an instrument that you don't see used too much anymore. I also loved the harmonies on it.

Great work - thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: made with BIAB - 09/25/18 10:12 PM
I also listen to Make me well again. Super vocal and lyric. Welcome to the forum..
Posted By: furry Re: made with BIAB - 09/26/18 04:40 AM
Wonderfully composed song and very though provoking. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: made with BIAB - 09/26/18 11:28 AM
We listened to Well Again and agree with the above accolades.

The write, the vocal and the production are very, very good.

We enjoyed it!

J&B

PS It would be helpful if you could post one tune at a time along with the "production backstory" including RT's/RD's, etc.
Posted By: Gary Weder Re: made with BIAB - 10/03/18 08:08 AM
Not sure how this forum works but I just wanted to say thankyou to all who took the time to listen and for the kind comments. I will listen to your music and hope to get some ideas and inspiration.
Thanks again
Gary.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: made with BIAB - 10/05/18 09:44 PM
Welcome!! Make me well again is wonderful! Very melodic, well-arranged, and with an excellent heartfelt vocal. I hear some Beatles here, and some old Stones. Very, very nice work!! Take care. Greg
© PG Music Forums