PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/23/19 05:06 PM
Hey Ya'll:

I'd like to extend an invite to all of you to view my latest video/slide show for my song, "New England Fall."

This is one of my favorite virtual instrument creations that seemed to be a favorite of many.

I'd like to thank all of you for your kind comments and listening to my musical endeavors.

All the best,
Dave

https://youtu.be/YiHZmyNN0fE
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/23/19 05:20 PM
Dave,

You certainly live in a beautiful part of our planet-home.

The sounds of nature are an added bonus. Well done.
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/23/19 11:44 PM
Hi Don!

Nice to meet you. Thank you for taking time to view my slides. To me, there is beauty in every place we live; sometimes you just have to look for it!!!

Anywho, thanks again!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/24/19 12:26 AM
Beautiful music and scenery Dave! An excellent production in every way! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Jim Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/24/19 07:34 AM
Nicely done...
I hope you wanted the viewer to chuckle at the end...
So peaceful & serene & then...
What audio effect did you use for the gun shot sound?
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/24/19 08:58 PM
Hi Mr. "T"

Thank you for your wonderful comments!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/24/19 09:09 PM
Zup Mr. Jim?

LOL! I left it "open ended!!! =D

Regarding the sonic booms, I used a plugin the came with my Pro-Tools DAW ("orchestra crash") executed with my MIDI and stacking the note tracks (3) and layered them in deep reverb and delay.

Without this method, the tracks would have sounded flat and 1 dimensional. like anything else, you've got to experiment!!! Also, Fall IS Hunting Season!

I hoped this makes sense...

All the best,
Dave

Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/25/19 09:25 PM
This is a very comforting piece of music. The "boom" isn't jarring at all. Hunting season? It didn't sound like a .30-06. smile
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/26/19 12:20 PM
Wow - this is stunning smile Very cinematic, and definitely provides those Fall vibes. It almost reminds me of something Brian Eno would release, which is definitely a good thing in my books. It is chilling and gorgeous.

Really well done - thanks for sharing!
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/27/19 07:47 PM
HEY ZEKE!!!

Thanks for your look and see! =D Thanks for the kind comments. You're 100% correct! it's not a .30-06, it's a black powder shotgun! =D

Hope you are well, waiting to hear some more of that good ole "Storm" rock and roll!!!

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Video; "New England Fall" - 02/27/19 07:56 PM
Hi Deryk!

I hope you are doing well! Thanks for the view and comments. As you know, sometimes music can be very visual and all you have to do is take a few minutes, close your eyes and really listen to your own stuff and you'll be surprised what you'll see!!!

I was raised in South Jersey and loved the Fall foliage we use to have. Then I went to the New England States and had my mind totally blown...for ever!!! =D

Thanks again for the hit. Give my regards to the rest of the crew!

All the best,
Dave
© PG Music Forums