PG Music Home
Posted By: Will Josef Bad Busy Days - 03/21/19 09:47 PM
I had a few very bad days... two close family members went to hospital on the same day.. five of my colleagues got fired... it all felt unbelievable to be happening at the same time... I had to get my frustration out in this very short heavy metal track...

Bad Busy Days

Will
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/22/19 09:19 AM
I'm not a big heavy metal fan, but I like parts of this, the chugging guitars panned left and right are pretty cool.

I didn't know BIAB had heavy metal realtracks to be honest, so I learned something new.

I like how you don't stick to one genre, you are always switching it up. Well done!
Posted By: Belladonna Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/22/19 10:56 AM
My oldest son is real into metal music, so I've had to listen to a fair amount and have learned to appreciate the high technical aspects of it. As well as I really like some of it. Nice way to express frustration. Well done.
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/22/19 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear about your hardships - this really is a great tune though, you can really tell the tune was a way to vent. The guitars all flows really well, and it has the perfect level of aggression to it.

Hope things look up for you - thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Jim Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/22/19 02:29 PM
Somehow music seems to calm trials, tribulations & hardships...
Good job on this one...
I hope it relieves some of your frustrations...
I hope your family members get well...
I hope your colleagues find better jobs.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/22/19 05:45 PM
Wow, sorry about your bad fortune....hopefully your family members are doing better. This is a cool piece of music! I could see how it helped you vent. Well done! Take care. Greg
Posted By: PeterF Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/22/19 06:03 PM
Will

Nicely done - certainly evokes a frustrated feel. Don't hear the heavy metal tracks used very often.

Peter
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/22/19 08:04 PM
Will,
Not a big fan of Metal myself, but I do understand it. It is done well. Both arrangement and mix is at pro level.
It reminded me of an experimental album of one Russian band that I was a big fan in my youth. What was interesting about the tunes in that album, they would start out similar to your "Bad Busy Days", but then they would go to complete release of tension, about half tempo of the drums and slow bluesy guitar in the same song. It was very interesting and emotional.

I hope problems that are possible to resolve - take turn for the better for your family and friends.

Best regards,
Misha.
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/22/19 08:09 PM
I can feel the frustration pounding away in this piece. I hope writing the music gave you a bit of solace. Cool, rocking piece, by the way!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/22/19 09:38 PM
Hi all,

Thank you so much for all of your kind comments and thoughts - it really warms my heart!

Some of you mention that this is not your style... well, I can reveal that it is not my style either, but it just felt appropriate in the heat of the moment.

I will be a little less active on the forums until things are going better with my family members - hope you understand!

Will
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Bad Busy Days - 03/23/19 12:03 AM
I hear you Will! Sometimes music is what pulls you through! Lonesome Dave Peverett of Foghat called it "Rock And Roll Therapy"! Hope better days are ahead! Good work by the way! Thanks, Torrey
© PG Music Forums