PG Music Home
Posted By: Chris37 Y'a un loup - 10/25/19 11:06 AM
Hi all,
Here's a french rock song.

https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/ya-un-loup

Philippe Janin has written the lyrics, composed the melody and he sings.
This song is not easy to translate. For example, " Y'a un loup " doesn't mean " There's a wolf ", it means that somebody wants to rip you off.
This is a song about people who always pay each month because they have rented something. Nothing belongs to them. They are renting their freedom…

RD RockHardLA^1
RT 1009 Electric Bass
RT 697 Electric Guitar
RT 2583 Electric Guitar
RT 644 Electric Guitar
RT 1856 Cello
RT 1836 Solo Electric Guitar

Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Y'a un loup - 10/25/19 12:56 PM
Nice rocker all the way. The choice of RT's in a nice mashup of styles.

Good rock vocal also.

And the idea for the lyric is cool.

Rock on you two!

Enjoyed it.

J&B
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Y'a un loup - 10/25/19 04:42 PM
Good rocker. Fun to hear a French rocker...

Good tracks and a good mix.

fj
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Y'a un loup - 10/26/19 12:22 PM
Thanks Janice, Bud and Floyd,
I rarely compose rock pieces but my meeting with Philippe was a good opportunity to try it. Christian
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Y'a un loup - 10/26/19 03:40 PM
Chris, you and Philippe have produced something quite unique and interesting.

I like the concept for the song.

And yes, it really does rock. Cool.
Posted By: bluage Re: Y'a un loup - 10/26/19 04:03 PM
Dear 'chris37'...

I regard you as one of the more eclectic composers on the Users' Forum, and your latest post, Y'a un loup, proves my point smile !!!

The sound of the'Real' band instruments is growling and aggressive, musically speaking, with plenty of dark energy that powered right through my body as I listened to it. And your vocalist, Mr. Janin, took control of his lyrics and hammered them out like a blacksmith forging his own language. In fact, parts of his performance sounded like supercharged rap monologue!

Overall, the impact of the song supports the subject matter you described -- the idea that people don't 'own' themselves, or the time they spend on this earth, but just 'rent' their existence away, if I understood your point correctly.

Powerful song-making, gentlemen!

Truly,

LOREN
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Y'a un loup - 10/27/19 06:15 AM
Thanks Trev and Loren,
Trying to play different styles is the best way to travel with music. Christian
Posted By: Mark K Re: Y'a un loup - 10/30/19 06:23 PM
Interesting to hear a French language rocker. Song hits with plenty of impact. Mix had me thinking I was in a intimate bar setting. Enjoyed the listen.
Posted By: rayc Re: Y'a un loup - 10/30/19 09:42 PM
Great concept - though it could be countered philosophically, (déchirer la gorge des maîtres).
All the elements are cool.
Personally I'd change the reverb on the vocal as it sounds separate from the band. I think the vocal in best around 2.14 where it is at about the same level as the snare.
Terrific song.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Y'a un loup - 10/31/19 01:50 AM
Hi Chris,

This is great!

I love listening to French. It's a language that settle so very comfortably on my ears.

This is a great arrangement, mix and overall presentation.

Phillipe matched your very-well-developed musical competence with excellent singing. What a team!

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Y'a un loup - 11/09/19 04:18 AM
Christian,

What fun to listen to this one! Not knowing French I have no idea what he’s singing about, but not sure it matters . . . you can kinda feel it. Terrific work on the vocal—and so well put together. Good stuff!

Regards,

Deej
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Y'a un loup - 11/11/19 04:39 PM
Thanks Mark, Ray, Noel and Deej.
I'm happy to know that you appreciate french rock. Christian
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Y'a un loup - 11/14/19 12:11 PM
I'm a a little late to get to this one - but I really enjoyed my listen smile I found it really unique in it's delivery, and the vocals suit the instrumentation perfectly.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Chris37 Re: Y'a un loup - 11/15/19 07:55 AM
Thanks, Deryk, for listening and commenting. Christian
© PG Music Forums