PG Music Home
https://app.box.com/s/rafxcbsnr3jkzmq8qmzc8c960pitm09t

Caveat: "No badly bent old Irishmen were harmed in the making of this tune."
Excellent tune. Guitar was excellent. Very cool jam
Cool stuff there, Don.
We were forbidden to wear street shoes in the gymnasium so sock-hops were in vogue back in the day. Wonderful memories.
You really captured a great feel here Donny. This really rocks and pops all the way through.

Sue's Sock Hop is really hoppin' wink
That's a really cool one, Don - a very enjoyabe fun listen.

Cheers,

Stefan
Had that 50s sound for sure. Nice work.
Cool jam that definitely captured the period...

Enjoyed it!

J&B
That's great. Dig that keyboard. Truly designed to get everyone out of their seats and on to the floor.
Nicely done - definitely has an old-school vibe to it, which is never a bad thing by me. Love the groove here and thought the mix was concise and professional.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: rayc Re: Something for a classmate ( class of '59 ) - 11/12/19 05:38 AM
Seems like fun though the bottom end is a bit thin.
Who or what does what?
Don,
Love the guitar tone, the licks and energy on display.
I could learn that dance just listening to this!

Robert
Posted By: Jim Re: Something for a classmate ( class of '59 ) - 11/14/19 05:53 PM
Ah...
Those old school days memories...
You did a good job on this one!
Don, that is some good ole "sock hop" rock and roll with a little more modern twist on the solo synth instrument part! Sounds like you had fun putting this one together! Thanks, Torrey
Great Don! Both the song, and that no one was hurt wink Both are big accomplishments. smile
I really love the overall vibe! Thanks for sharing.
Hey Don!

When I read the title, I laughed... what a GREAT name smile "Sue's Sock Hop" is such an incredibly visual group of three words.

As your sprightly composition unfolded, in my head, I could so clearly see Sue (a brunette, by the way) jumping up and down and dancing all over the place. That's how powerful your title was.

I was hooked!

Excellent listening,
Noel
Sue now lives in Arizona and keeps in touch by email and Facebook. She keeps me well-stocked with peanut butter fudge.

I didn't realize that I had painted such a clear word-picture of Sue but you described her perfectly. She was a cheerleader and her dad owned the local movie theater.
© PG Music Forums