PG Music Home
The song was written without lyrics by my guitar playing in my former apartment, when my friend Šárka Janoušková (today Procházková) was with me who later sang this song. In the course of its development, the song moved into a rock form due to a friend Karel Hoza. Later, when I endowed the song with lyrics, it moved into form under the midrange of my friend Jarda Teska. With this midi arrangement Šárka sang in the studio of Jarda around 2000. And the song fell into oblivion and Sarka no longer lives in Prague. So when I bought the RX7 application from iZotope, I separated the Šárka singing through the Music Rebalance function, which was to a certain extent worse than when I tried other songs. with RealBand, I created new tracks for a new arrangement. He exported these tracks and imported them into Studio One. He did mix and mastering and here's the result. I will try to arrange the re-sung with Sarka again, as there are remnants of the original midi accompaniment in this recording with singing.

https://soundcloud.com/user-920889151-633155523/neda-mi-to-spat-instr

Demo image of "Can't Sleep It" ( Nedá mi to spát )
Authors of music: Zdeněk Gause, Karel Hoza, Jaroslav Teska.
Singing Šárka Procházková
Lyrics and Arrangement by Zdeněk Gause -
Sound in cooperation with Petr Kakaxa Fleissig

RT1951 Sax, Alto, Soloist TexasBluesRockNRollMark Ev 165
RC999 Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyA-B Ev 120
RC697 Electric, Electric, Rhythm ElecRockDirty Ev 120
RC691 Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
midi tracks:
RealChart from RealTrack RC683 Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealChart from RealTrack RC1264 Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryShuffleBrent Sw 120 (Bluesy)
RealChart from RealTrack RC999 Electric, Rhythm HardRockLAFuzzyA-B Ev 120
RealTrack RC1520 Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryWorkinBrent Ev16 090 [Half-Time]

Singing from a twenty-year-old midi recording with the help of - Music Rebalance from RX7 plugin from iZotope. Unfortunately, the remnants of the original accompaniment can be heard from the singing.

Midi Drums created (disabling RealDrums in preference) for RealDrums-RockHard ^ 01-ClHtSnr, OpHtSnr
These drums were rebuilt into individual tracks using a command in RealBand (Split MIDI drums ...).
Individual tracks redesigned as needed and Ride Cymbal track added.

Bass Drum 2
Acoustic Snare
Closed Hi-Hat
Ride Cymbal
Low Floor Tom
Low-Mid Tom
Hi-mid tom
Crash Cymbal 2
Stick Side 1 - hammering only
A really lively number, it has good form, and the resurrection has been well done.

Quality vocals, and the original vocals sit OK in the mix.

The level is a bit hot, but perhaps that's intended.
Nice groove. A real toe-tapper. Great vocals.
There's a noticeable fade around 1.06 that doesn't sound as natural as the rest of the track.
At 1:06 of the track, crossing is the 1st and 2nd refren. The song begins with the 1st refrain.
Cool!

It would be great if you could get the vocals re-done!
So I use too many tools to just make a mistake:

it is not:

RealChart from RealTrack RC1264 Electric Guitar, Soloist CountryShuffleBrent Sw 120 (Bluesy)

is right:

RealChart from RealTrack RC1264 Piano, Rhythm PopShiningA-B Ev 120

which is quite heard there - I'm sorry.
I agree, quality work.
RX7 - expensive tools.
The vocals sound as they're in a different room to the music - the backing vocals emphasize this too.
You could try throwing a reverb across the whole mix that is close to the effect the vocal seems to sit in - it would sound quite 60s as well as suitably spacey.
Very energetic song, melody & mix.
Nice work on this one - love the energy behind it, and it is really good usage of those RealTracks. Loved the groove too - got my toe tapping almost instantly.

Thanks for sharing smile
Sounds like this song has been around the block, but I'm glad it made its way here!! A fun listen indeed!! Take care. Greg
Gause, nice use of those realtracks! Energetic song! Thanks, Torrey
Wow - do I love this one. Great toe-tapping rhythm, like the singing, and that mad sax is just terrific.

Very well done.

Cheers,

Stefan
Thank you for your comments - for inspiration and for encouragement - for motivation ...
I really like this one...
The "remnants of the original accompaniment can be heard from the singing" actually adds to the interestingness of the piece...
Its really pretty cool sounding!
Hi Gause,

Wow! This song has been on quite a journey!

You did a good job with RX7 and Realband. It's very inventive. While electronics don't do everything perfectly yet, they add a whole heap of possibilities to so many things.

I enjoyed the journey.... my feet are still tapping!

Noel
© PG Music Forums