PG Music Home
Posted By: TuneMonger Apple Bite - 01/06/20 02:14 PM
https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/apple-bite

I made some mix changes based on early critiques, posts 1-6.

Lyrics:

We've slowed down so much, I know you feel it too
Can't we get in touch, with the things we used to do,
I don't know for sure, how much of what I say carries,
But I will ensure, answers to all your romantic queries,
So let's get busy in the morning, busy through the night, busy in the afternoon
Let's stop being boring, take that apple bite, I wanna feel you swoon,
We can dance for hours, but keep something in store,
Romancing in the bower, we might end up on the floor
Time was on our side, but now that's not the case,
Life has its own stride, and it's bound to set the pace,
But we don't have to act, no no, like a knot upon a tree,
We can still react oh yeah to the wonder of you and me

RealTracks in song: 1398:Bass, Electric, Soul70sA-B Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 1401:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soul70sBrightA-B Ev16 100
RealTracks in style: 1404:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soul70sWarmA-B Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: 1062:Sax, Tenor, Soloist SmoothJazzCool Sw16 100
RealDrums in Song: JazzFunkPop^1-a:HHSdStk, b:HHSnr

Vocals are by Kendall Birdsong and Yona Marie of fiverr

The lyric line "answers to all your romantic queries" is from an old Saturday Night Live skit called "The Ladies Man." I thought it was too funny and had to do it.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Apple Bite - 01/06/20 10:26 PM
Good song!! Your best yet in my opinion.

Everything just works, I like your arrangement, good writing, and good vocals from both of your singers.

I think the mix sounds pretty solid too, although I just have my iPad available at the moment to listen on.

Great way to start off the year, well done!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Apple Bite - 01/06/20 11:51 PM
Really nice work on this - the vocals soar, and I thought it flows tremendously well. Decently catchy as well, with a solid groove.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Apple Bite - 01/07/20 12:23 AM
Really, really like this vibe. The combination of the rhythm electric guitar, the percussion and the bass are very strong, and that melody just rides on top of it perfectly. The vocals are very well done and those sections with the two vocalists harmonizing are very nice. With that said, I think this song could be even stronger with a great vocalist - someone like Boz Scaggs - there's a lot of space in there for expression which you've created. That's one thing I really like about it - it's got a nice open sound to it, where the instruments and the singers can interact and put little flourishes and accents. I think its great.
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Apple Bite - 01/07/20 05:52 AM
Hi TuneMonger,

Well you got me smiling with this one I absolutely love it. Great melody and a great feel makes this such a pleasure to listen to.
This would make a great song pitch. you need to get it out there.

I'm not sure about the 'romantic queries' line. It may be funny but it's the only line in the song that's not a smooth rhyme and because of that sounds a little off to me.
You did set yourself a difficult job anyway trying to rhyme 'carries'. Maybe 'adversaries' would sing better.

I would have liked the chorus to lift a little more out of the verses to make it more 'hookey'. The harmonies are great but maybe a slightly heavier or busier backing would just lift it a little more. It's such a good chorus and deserves to stand out.

But that's all personal opinion. Overall, I absolutely love it and actually can't wait to play it to my good lady when she gets home.

Great job. Good luck with it.

Martin
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Apple Bite - 01/07/20 11:24 AM
TM,

Awesome!!

A terrific write. Superb melody. The lyric sparkles. Love the carries/queries rhyme. The entire lyric flows so nicely.

Your vocalist is good. For the style, I thought the vocal was mixed VERY slightly too-up-front. Tucked-in just a bit more would suit it?
And the bass - for the style - could be fatter.

But, those are little mix notes and in no way intended to distract from the fact that this is an AWESOME song and production.

Loved it.

fj
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Apple Bite - 01/07/20 11:44 AM
Hello TuneMonger,

You surprised me positively with your vocals on this very catchy song! Like it very much. Especially the bite in the apple in the beginning.
But I agree with some members of this forum mentioning the mixing of your voices: a bit too upfront and too much space/reverb. I got a littlebit the feeling you were singing in a bathroom (don't hate me now!). But the voice itself is outstanding!

Hans
Posted By: Jim Re: Apple Bite - 01/07/20 05:12 PM
Excellent song with great vocals...
I really like this one!
★★★★★

Keep them coming smile
Posted By: Scott C Re: Apple Bite - 01/07/20 05:29 PM
Loved this. Super vocal and harmonies Very cool backtrack. Well done
Posted By: Soundchaser Re: Apple Bite - 01/07/20 05:39 PM
Nicely written and recorded. Definitely has a yacht rock feel.
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: Apple Bite - 01/07/20 08:12 PM
Really, really cool song!!! Just feels good!! Melody and lyrics are both so well done, and arrangement is perfect!! To me, the bass is very boomy, and I'm not crazy about the way the vocals are mixed (they both sing well!). Really love this one!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: rayc Re: Apple Bite - 01/07/20 08:20 PM
That's very cool - good selection of singers .. the lead vox are perfect for the song.
The only nit I'd offer is that the bass is boomy and could handle some "tightening" of the bottom end.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Apple Bite - 01/08/20 09:49 PM
rayc,

Do you mean to say there's no sibilance or similar nastiness in the vocals? That's a first for me, I'm about to uncork some champagne! ; )
Posted By: MarioD Re: Apple Bite - 01/08/20 10:13 PM
You have my by he second beat of the first measure!

Great groove-loved it. The vocals are top notch all the way.

To really nitpick I thought that the sax lead was way too jazzy for this song. A more bluesier or funkier lead might be better. This is just my opinion and others may or may not agree.

I think this is a fantastic song.
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Apple Bite - 01/08/20 11:18 PM
I've only been here a few days and I'm amazed by the amount of quality songs this group is creating.

That was very well done.
Vocals are delicious.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Apple Bite - 01/09/20 02:52 AM
TuneMonger.

This is a fantastic listen! Funky, cool, tasteful, engaging and entertaining.... just wonderful listening all the way.

I really like the choice of Realtracks that you've used and your singers are superb! The lyrics really caught my imagination and I LOVE the hook, 'Apple bite'.

This is definitely a creation to take a lot of pride in.

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Apple Bite - 01/09/20 03:36 AM
This is quite sensational, quality throughout, and the vocals are the icing on the cake.

I really like the choice of instruments, the groove keeps one totally captured by the song right from start to the very last note.

Fantastic lyrics, really excellent. My only other comment is 'level-wise' the mix might be a bit hot.

This could justifiably get airplay. It is full of appeal from every angle.
Posted By: Crossroads Re: Apple Bite - 01/09/20 06:32 AM
Hi Tunemonger,

that's really a heckuvatune. So well-sung, terrifiv BGV, great arrangement, the sax solo fits it like a glove.

LOVE IT!

take care,

Stefan
Posted By: jannesan Re: Apple Bite - 01/10/20 01:06 PM
Very cool soul! Super catchy chorus and great vocals and the funky band to support it. Lovely, or even hot, romantic lyrics. Surely a hit material.

Janne
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Apple Bite - 01/10/20 01:19 PM
You hit a home run with those folks on the vocals.

The two of them along with your BiaB choices and the
mix make for a really cool and, is oft said, catchy
groove.

Very nice and enjoyable!

J&B
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Apple Bite - 01/13/20 12:41 AM
Thanks to all for their kinds words regarding this tune. This was the best response I've gotten for one of my songs, and that really makes me feel good. I rarely answer comments individually, but I take them all seriously and appreciate them greatly. Now the only hitch is to keep working at the bar I've set - a tall order, I suspect. Thanks again everyone.

Bob
Posted By: Mr_Songman Re: Apple Bite - 01/13/20 06:36 AM
Hi Bob,

"I'm not sure about the 'romantic queries' line. It may be funny but it's the only line in the song that's not a smooth rhyme and because of that sounds a little off to me."

Just wanted to say that, having listened to the song quite a few times - and I do - I was wrong about that comment. It works perfectly and I love it. smile

All the best

Martin
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Apple Bite - 01/13/20 04:53 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
You hit a home run with those folks on the vocals.

The two of them along with your BiaB choices and the
mix make for a really cool and, is oft said, catchy
groove.

Very nice and enjoyable!

J&B

Plus one to that,and the other accolades for this excellent song!
Sounds radio-ready to me;a smooth delight.

Robert
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Apple Bite - 01/13/20 10:33 PM
Ah, sounds like music from my teenage years! Your vocalist is so good. Song has a smooth, pleasing melody that really hooks me in.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Apple Bite - 01/17/20 12:30 PM
TuneMonger, that is some fantastic work! Your vocal is GREAT!! I love the R&B feel on this! It's a very catchy tune that displays Care and finesse at every turn! Enjoyed immensely! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Tangmo Re: Apple Bite - 01/24/20 04:25 AM
Such a fun and comfortable groove. I love the lyric...very playful the way these things should be handled. Mr. Birdsong did a great job with them, though I think he missed a good chance at the end to take it home a little harder. Sounds good to me, this mix. Very much enjoyed.
© PG Music Forums