PG Music Home
Posted By: Torrey Bliss FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 02:05 AM
https://soundcloud.com/torrey-bliss/fill-me-again

This is a song I would place in the CCM genre! I am a worship leader at a medium size church and put together all of our music (with a lot of help from BIAB). I always get the pastor's notes a few days ahead of the service and start putting together a set of songs. This one was inspired by going over some of those notes! I need to give credit for the chord structure of this song though to a construction kit I purchased through Big Fish Audio. I built a melody around it and went from there. I didn't use any of those files in this production though...it's all BIAB and myself! I will keep tweaking it for sure but have it close enough to display. Thanks so much for having a listen! T

BIAB
Drums - Pop Rock 16ths
Bass - 1592 Pop 16th's
Guitar - 1637 Rhythm Jazz Funk
Guitar - 3186 Acoustic Rhythm Celtic Songwriter Quinn
Guitar - 833 Alt Country Moody
Piano - Acoustic Pop Believe
Accordion - Pop 8ths

Me
Vocals
Guitars Rhythm and lead parts
Synths
Percussion
Posted By: Noel96 Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 04:51 AM
Hi Torrey,

This is an incredibly powerful sound that you have created here.

Your performance is top notch and your mix is excellent. I listened on speakers and the vocals sat really snugly in amongst the backing instruments.

You've certainly chosen a wonderful BIAB band to showcase this fine production.

Your church must really enjoy listening to your music.

As always, I am impressed!

All the best for 2020,
Noel
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 09:08 AM
I was just thinking the other day that it had been a while since you posted a new song .... and here it is! smile

This is great! You had me hooked right from the opening melodic guitar lead. Great vocal, also really like the vocal melody. I like that delay you added to the vocal at the end of each line, very effective. Killer guitar work of course!

Nice breakdown at 3:00.

Man, if the praise and worship band at my wifes church played music like this I would probably go more often wink

Excellent start to 2020, Torrey!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 11:32 AM
Torrey,

I always love how "musical" your songs are. And that is both the melody and the production/instrumentation. This is SO BIG.

An excellent vocal. Passion.

A superb production.

On my second listen. There will be others...

Cool solo!

Excellence abounds.

fj
Posted By: musician17 Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 01:26 PM
This is amazing. I love the colourful chord progression, particularly that A minor / D major contrasting sequence. The production side of things is stellar, also - and the voice itself is wonderful. What can I say - bravo!!!
Posted By: PeterF Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 07:26 PM
Torrey

A huge sound, impressive musicianship abounds (superb guitar), along with an excellent vocal.

A really top notch composition.

Peter
Posted By: Scott C Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 08:31 PM
Very inspirational lyric Torrey. Such a cool vocal and your guitar - wow. Well done. Did you do this live at your church. That would get me sitting up straight. Well done
Posted By: Steve Young Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 09:31 PM
Really nice, Torrey! Obviously, great message. Well done! Love the guitar solo. Good job on the breakdown towards the end, with the accordion. Love it!

Steve
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 09:42 PM
Pass the basket, I'm in a giving mood.
Posted By: dcuny Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/12/20 10:31 PM
Catchy chorus - sticks in my ear, and makes me want to hear it again.

There are obviously other excellent things (see prior comments), but really, that's the key of a good song for me.

smile
Posted By: rayc Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/13/20 12:54 AM
As always - melody, arrangement and own instrumentation make a TB song a cracker.
The doubled solo is pure classic rock - it'd fit on any Boston LP.
There's a click from the vocal hitting the reverb or something else a little hard at 1.42 & 2.44 it does happen a coupe of other times but those two a the most obvious ones.
Classic Torrey: a melange of Beatles and other influences there to be enjoyed in a true original.
Posted By: Jim Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/13/20 02:33 PM
Its been awhile...
So I'm happy to hear another one of your songs...
As usual you do not disappoint...
Thanks for an uplifting tune this morning!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:48 AM
Thanks Noel! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:49 AM
Thanks Dave for the kind words! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:50 AM
Thanks for the listen Floyd! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:50 AM
Thanks musician17, I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:51 AM
Thanks Peter for having a listen! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:51 AM
Thanks so much Scott! No I haven't done this yet at church. I need to prepare a backing track with lead vocals removed but haven't had time to do so. T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:52 AM
Thanks Steve for taking the time to listen and comment! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:52 AM
Thanks for the listen! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:53 AM
Thanks David! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:55 AM
Thanks Ray for the listen! Those clicks you hear are actually from the Jazz guitar realtrack delay. I have edited out several of the already. T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 05:55 AM
Thanks Jim for having a listen! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/14/20 12:25 PM
Torrey,
Always a holiday listening to your tunes. Excellent work work all around on this. Little bit on a high frequency side of things for my ears, but I completely understand why you chose it to be that way, it definitely adds attitude. Everything has its own space and mix is very clear. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: jannesan Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/15/20 02:14 PM
Uplifting prayer, a very appropriate song to start a new decade! Excellent production, strong sound, enjoyable solo and great vocals.

Janne
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/16/20 06:21 AM
Thanks for listening and commenting Misha! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/16/20 06:22 AM
Thanks Janne! I appreciate your comments! T
Posted By: Al-David Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/16/20 06:57 AM
Hi Torrey ...

Been away for several months due to wife's health issues. So very satisfying and enjoyable to hear your many methods of musical intrigue. Your talent is second to none. As an original Missourian, I find you have given our great state a musical platform anointed with class, direction, truth and wisdom through your awesome talent. A musical journeyman such as myself needs only to listen closely to your magic, to learn how high the bar is and the amount of effort it would take to to attain that degree of professionalism and magic touch.

Truly loved it, my friend. You are a phenomenal talent in kindest of ways. You have my respect & appreciation for your work. Totally loved every note and word of this fabulous offering.

Wishing you the best and God's ever-present guidance. Simply wonderful in every possible way. Hope 2020 is your best and most rewarding year ever. Thank you for this time ... until next time ... have a great time.

Alan
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/17/20 11:11 AM
I really enjoyed this one - I like how lush the instrumentation is. It sounds so huge and full. I found it nicely catchy too, and you did an A+ job with the mix too. It sounds extremely professional.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/17/20 07:18 PM
One thing that always impresses even beyond your fine vocal and guitar
performances is the arrangement. With your vocal and guitar chops
it would be easy to forgo the thought that you obviously put in the
arrangement.

And this is a great example with the huge crescendo and then the
as Steve mentioned breakdown near the end.

The write is inspirational and at the risk of redundancy the guitar
and vocals are top notch as is the production.

Great work!

J&B
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/17/20 09:20 PM
Quite a majestic sound in this production. The desire of the heart of the persona to be rekindled with the spirit is not only communicated well with the lyric, but also with the vocal performance.

Nicely done!
Posted By: Robertkc Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/17/20 10:33 PM
Torrey,
The passion in your vocal comes through beautifully and the "big"sound is tempered by those pure-pop, pure-Torrey nuances in the melody.
Superior production on show throughout... topped off by that signature guitar lead.
Fine work!

Robert
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/19/20 06:56 PM
Thanks Alan! I am truly humbled by your words! Thanks for your encouragement and positivity! T
Posted By: Birchwood Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/20/20 10:02 AM
Hi Torrey,

This is really a very cool song. Nice vibe, filled with emotion and drama.
So chapeau!!! (means concratiolations with this song).
I only have a tiny remark about the ending of the song. That came so abruptly to my opinion. I would have given it some more beats with a dramatic instrumental ending and a nice drumfill. But, that's me.

Hans
Posted By: Greg Johnson Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/21/20 07:29 PM
Like Floyd said, "always so musical"!! You have a strong influence from my favorite era in music and you do that influence great justice!! This song is immediately incredibly appealing.....the melody is great, and the vocal is so passionate! LOVE IT!!!! Take care. Greg
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/22/20 09:41 PM
Thanks Deryk for taking time to listen and comment! I always appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/25/20 07:25 AM
Thanks J&B for always being so supportive and encouraging with your comments! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/25/20 07:26 AM
Thanks Scott for taking the time to listen and comment! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/25/20 07:26 AM
Thanks so much Robert! I really appreciate that! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/25/20 07:30 AM
Thanks Hans! I always appreciate your comments! I felt the ending of the song needed a softer "drawn in" feel to close it out with because this song is basically one long prayer and I wanted an intimate ending! T
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/25/20 07:31 AM
Thanks Greg for being so encouraging with your comments! I appreciate it! T
Posted By: Marty Ricciotti Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/25/20 11:09 AM
Dear Torrey:
What can I add that has not already been said?
Ditto to the above.
thoroughly Enjoyed the tune.
I'll crank it up in the garage later today and try to play along and ponder the thoughtful lyrics.
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/25/20 03:07 PM
wow love it super job excellent work on everything this is a keeper totally engaging thanks eric
Posted By: Marty Ricciotti Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/27/20 11:51 AM
So when I woke up this morning guess what was playing in my head?

"Fill me with love fill me with joy fill me with peace again"

Great song Torrey!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: FILL ME AGAIN - 01/28/20 09:38 AM
Hi Torrey, I'm a bit late to the party, because Maha and I were ill.

Well, what can I say: You have a go at whatever and it shines. The melody that you developped over those chords is - like always ! - just lovely. I adore your singing, solo as well as those fantastic background vocals you always come up with. Great guitar parts - the whole thing is simply top-notch from A to Z and was a treat to listen to. Loved it!

All the best,

Stefan
© PG Music Forums