PG Music Home
Posted By: MarioD Things - 02/06/20 06:40 PM
Things

I mentioned before that SteveS is a poet. A few years ago he wrote this poem for his wife. We changed a couple of words to make it more generic and put a backing track to it.

BiaB style = Slow New Age Style
Deleted the drums and strings
Piano = EZ Keys Dream Machine
Guitar = Kontakt - Angelic Vocal Pad
Bass - Ample Bass - Upright

BobH did a guitar part for another version of this song, but we voted that version down. But I took that part, brought it over to this version, converted it to a MIDI track, manually made it conform to this song's chord structure, added a section, and ran that thought Kontakt - jazz guitar.

We hope you like it.

Posted By: beatmaster Re: Things - 02/06/20 06:49 PM
Beautiful.. and sounded excellent, I loved the arrangement and the style so suited to the spoken words.

Like a love Deck of cards feel about this.

Thanks
Posted By: rayc Re: Things - 02/07/20 06:39 AM
It's lovely - a little de-essing would allow the voice to communicate even better.
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Things - 02/07/20 07:17 AM
Very nice Mario and Steve!
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Things - 02/07/20 11:02 AM
Nice piece. (the fade ending could have been considerably longer, I thought...)
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Things - 02/07/20 11:06 AM
Wow - I really, really enjoyed this smile It flows gorgeously and is nice and easy on the ear. The mixing job is phenomenal, and it really sets a nice atmosphere.

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Things - 02/07/20 12:37 PM
Mario,
unusual piece of music and poetry. Listens very well. I agree with FJ, I also feel the fade out could be longer. Here is a random idea, synth vocal ahh track goes longer and bass "beat" substituted with heart beat sample that goes for several seconds at the end and fades out. Thank you for sharing!

Misha.
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Things - 02/07/20 12:55 PM
Nice collab guys!

Cool musical production of poetry...

J&B
Posted By: F.M.M. Re: Things - 02/07/20 06:37 PM
nice colab excellent mix thanks eric
Posted By: MarioD Re: Things - 02/08/20 02:18 PM
Beatmaster, Ray, Dave, Floyd, Deryk, Misha, J&B, and F.M.M., thanx for listening and commenting. Recording vocals is one of my weak spots. Recording poetry is even weaker so I will have to learn how to record them better.

Thanx for those suggestions.
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Things - 02/08/20 02:30 PM
Beautifully said, Steve, and beautifully presented, Mario. I also really like Misha's suggestion for the heart beat on a longer fade.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Things - 02/08/20 06:09 PM
Mario

A very pretty piece nicely produced and arranged.

Nicely done.

Peter
Posted By: Jim Re: Things - 02/09/20 07:12 PM
A great recitation Mario and Steve...
The backing tracks make a perfect bed for Steve's poetry...
Good job!
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Things - 02/09/20 08:53 PM
Yes, the instruments and arrangement complements the poetry nicely!
Posted By: Will Josef Re: Things - 02/09/20 09:04 PM
Hi Mario,

Wow, it works very well... it is a real joy to listen (and relax) to. Very well done!

Will
Posted By: MarioD Re: Things - 02/09/20 11:19 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
Beautifully said, Steve, and beautifully presented, Mario. I also really like Misha's suggestion for the heart beat on a longer fade.

Thanx Marty and I agree about the heart beat.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Things - 02/09/20 11:21 PM
Thanx Peter, Jim, Ezekiel's Storm, and Will for listening and those very nice compliments. I will pass them all on to Steve.
Posted By: furry Re: Things - 02/10/20 10:41 PM
Mario, I LOVE listening to your music old friend, and this one is no exception. Beautiful words, very thoughtful backing and spoken with feeling.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Things - 02/11/20 02:23 PM
Mario,
The spoken word isn`t easy to capture- you did a good job keeping the vocals simple and upfront here.
Soft aahs and gentle backing sounds good too.
Please post the lyrics - they come through clearly but I like to read before listening!

Robert
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Things - 02/12/20 07:04 PM
That's some clever work Mario! It all works together wonderfully! Such a calming song/poem! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: MarioD Re: Things - 02/12/20 09:26 PM
Graham, thanx so much for that very kind review.

Robert, thanx for listening. I don't have the lyrics but I will post the next one with lyrics.

Torrey, thanx so much for listening and commenting.
Posted By: Scott C Re: Things - 02/13/20 06:44 PM
Cool collaboration. Backtrack really makes the spoken word lyric very good. Well done
© PG Music Forums