PG Music Home
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/08/20 09:59 PM
Hi Ya'll!!!

I hope all is well . I finally got around to trying out my new BIAB 2020. It's a little challenging but I'm working things out. Here's a rough copy of my latest attempt entitled:" Fake News!!!" I'm sure some will laugh and many will not!!!!

Give us a listen when you get a moment!

Thanks Dave...

https://soundcloud.com/davebrooksmusicfactory/fake-news
Posted By: Will Josef Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/08/20 10:28 PM
Hi Dave,

Your link doesn't work.

Will
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/08/20 10:47 PM
Hi Will!!! How are you? You know I messed up the link just for you right!??? =D

Give us another try:

Posted By: chulaivet1966 Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/08/20 11:00 PM
Hey Dave....

With respect to Will's comment the link did work for me.

It's been a while since I've posted up a new one too (should be soon with my new one called "Adrenaline")

Are there any specific comments/aspects of this song you are interested in hearing on this 'rough' mix?

Hope all is well....(and Semper Fi).
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/08/20 11:12 PM
Hi Brah!!! Long time no hear. Looking forward to your next efforts. Like I said, it's rough. I have an idea where it should go but I always like to get another opinion. Just know that I'm the final judge!!! =D

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: Birchwood Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/09/20 01:32 PM
Hi Dave,

I heard your rough version of Fake news. The subject is intriguing, but since you don't added any lyrics with your post it was difficult to hear all the things you sang. I only heard it was no compliment for Trump. That's ok to me.

About the song, I have two things. I think your voice needs to be more upfront. Give it more body and presence. The message will win by that. And secondly, but related to the first point; the drums are really the boss in your song. I know it feels good to have powerful drums, but here they take more attention than your vocals. At least, to my opinion.

Hans
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/09/20 09:09 PM
I was going to tweet about your song, but I won't.

Good groove. I like the instrumentation. Vocal seems just a tiny bit hot.

Be careful, or you may get fired. eek
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/09/20 10:03 PM
Hi Birchwood!

Thanks for your listen. I think I fixed your issues this morning before I read your comments. I actually slowed the song down and strengthened the vocals moving the drums and other instruments slightly behind.

It sounds much better to me now. See if you agree.

Thanks again,
Dave

Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/09/20 10:10 PM
Hi ZEKE!!!

Longtime no hear! Thanks for your comments. I did some damage control: I slowed the song down and made the vocals bigger to give it a better balance.

No worries about getting fired, those days are over. I've been retired now for about 9 years!

I'll be posting the lyrics this week for those who want more proof of my crimes!

Thanks again,
Dave

Posted By: MarioD Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/10/20 02:05 PM
Dave, I liked your song; we are President Trump supporters here.

BUT I don't think any song taking sides in either politics or religion should be allowed in these friendly forums. I will say the same thing if a song was against or for any Republican, Democrat, Catholic, Methodist, etc. YMMV
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/10/20 02:44 PM
Hi MarioD;

I disagree on taking sides. I'm just stating facts. If the other side weren't attempting illegally remove our President, this song would have never been written!

Therefore, if a person writes a Christian song, are they not taking sides???

Regarding this forum, It's not as friendly as you may think. I remember the attacks on me when I first started... =D

Thanks for your listen.

All the best,
Dave
Posted By: beatmaster Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/10/20 02:56 PM
H Dave I liked it a lot, no harm having your say or expressing your thoughts/ believes in a song, this has been done many a time and produced some great songs.

Enjoyed this and hope to hear more.

Thanks
Posted By: Jim Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/10/20 08:54 PM
Good to hear you again...
I just wish I had written lyrics
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/10/20 10:22 PM
Hello Beatmaster!

Good to hear from you again!Thanks for your kind listen. I'm still tweaking this and hope you'll enjoy the updates.

All the best,
Dave

P.S. You do know that UR may favorite right??? =D
Posted By: DaveBrooksMusic Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/10/20 10:26 PM
Hi Mr. Jim!

It's been a while! Thank you for your kind listen. The lyrics were already written, and the song was written 3 years ago but I didn't have any lyrics to go with it. It took a while but I'm glad I waited! =D

Thanks again,

Dave
Posted By: Birchwood Re: New Song Mix: "Fake News" - 02/11/20 08:15 AM
Hello Dave,

You really improved your song! Your voice is nicely upfront now. You sing very well, nice hights and emotion in it.
The drums a bit back and a nice role for the bassguitar. You did the right thing to me.
And the issue you are singing of? Jim was clear on that. Nothing Spanish in it! I could have used his words...

Nice day,
Hans
© PG Music Forums