PG Music Home
Posted By: Brian Cadoret High Across The Field - 03/11/20 06:50 PM

Inspired by a four legged friend of mine who we helped train become an ability dog for someone in need.
So proud of him and miss him a lot but will still be able to meet up for a woof or two. smile
Quite a few Realtracks used on this one with the guitar work by me.
Hope you like it any comments again appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/briancadoret/high-across-the-field

Brian

2915:Bass, Electric CountryPopByron12-key Ev 085
2870:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticAirDave Ev 085
2336:Viola, Background, Pop Ev 085 (1TrackStringSection)
689:Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 085
2334:String Quartet, Rhythm PopChamber Ev 085
2870:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CelticAirDave Ev 085
RealDrums [in Song:CountryPopEv16^01-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat
Posted By: MarioD Re: High Across The Field - 03/11/20 09:23 PM
Very nice! Strong vocal with an exceptional backing track, what more could one ask for? Super guitar chops!

It would have been nice if you would have posted the lyrics.

I enjoyed this a lot!

PS - Dogs have a way of getting into your heart don't they?
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: High Across The Field - 03/11/20 09:52 PM
Lovely song. Great use of BIAB. Beautiful melody. Cool story. We never know where the songs are going to come from. Great lyrics. Wonderful guitar work on your part. Nice mix.

I like it!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: High Across The Field - 03/12/20 10:16 AM
Wow - first thing that stuck out to me was the guitar work. Top notch stuff! Great vocals too, and superbly catchy. All around a rock solid tune - I enjoyed my listen.

Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: High Across The Field - 03/12/20 12:43 PM
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Very nice! Strong vocal with an exceptional backing track, what more could one ask for? Super guitar chops!

It would have been nice if you would have posted the lyrics.

I enjoyed this a lot!

PS - Dogs have a way of getting into your heart don't they?

Superb, Brian. I'm copying Mario's comment because he said everything I wanted to say. Man, I could talk about my dogs of days gone by forever.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: High Across The Field - 03/13/20 01:06 AM
Superb writing on this, outstanding performance. It really grabs you and pulls at those heartstrings. Beautiful and sad at the same time. The guitars on this are top notch. Ditto what Mario posted.
Posted By: Al-David Re: High Across The Field - 03/13/20 04:00 AM
Hello Brian ...

Very, very nice! The backing tracks are rich and cover the entire width of musical landscape. Vocals are excellent, too! Nicely done with a good selection of RTs.

Alan
Posted By: Belladonna Re: High Across The Field - 03/13/20 10:58 AM
Nice song, love the heartfelt vocals. Would have liked to read the lyrics and yes dog songs are the best.
Posted By: dcuny Re: High Across The Field - 03/14/20 12:32 AM
I enjoyed the song! smile

But I think there's too much competing with the vocal. For example, the piano, the organ, and so on.

I think it's a good idea to make sure that nothing competes with the vocal - that should be the center of the song. A background instrument can temporarily come to the forefront during a break in the vocals, but when the vocals come back in... back down it goes!

Just a thought.
Posted By: PeterF Re: High Across The Field - 03/14/20 01:04 AM
Impressive all round and a nice some nice guitar playing.

Well done.

Peter
Posted By: Deej56 Re: High Across The Field - 03/14/20 02:14 AM
Brian,

Nicely done—solid mix; digging the drums on this one. Some really nice touches on the production, and a strong vocal performance, particularly when you get into the chorus—compelling. I think in spots I might have wanted that vocal to come forward just a touch more, but that’s a personal preference. It’s pretty solid as is, so use or lose as you see fit.

Really sweet song!

Kind regards,

Deej
Posted By: rayc Re: High Across The Field - 03/14/20 03:36 AM
This reminds me of The Lightning Seeds - a slow track for them but it'd fit. Nice work.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: High Across The Field - 03/21/20 08:28 PM
Sounds great but I think you need the vocal to come up some. I have trouble hearing it. If you fix that, you got a winner. If nobody else mentions it, maybe my ears are the problem instead. ; )
© PG Music Forums