PG Music Home
Posted By: lasvideo Lets Go to Mexico - 03/28/20 11:15 AM
https://tigerboytom.bandcamp.com/track/lets-go-to-mexico

A song of love found and lost.

Song / Lyrics/ Guitar/ Vocals / Mix by Tom Daigon
Posted By: David - PG Music Re: Lets Go to Mexico - 03/31/20 01:47 PM
Nice tune! I love me some echo-y drums. And some great guitar work too.
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lets Go to Mexico - 03/31/20 03:31 PM
Thank you so much David! Im glad you enjoyed it.

BIAB has really opened up a range of new ways for me to express myself. This song has some of my favorite guitar pieces. That particular guitar is an old Fender Squire Strat that I have since given to a friend that came upon hard times and was guitarless.
Posted By: David - PG Music Re: Lets Go to Mexico - 03/31/20 04:01 PM
I've found the same thing. Often, my creative outlets have been such that it takes weeks for me to get to a place where I feel like the vision in my head has been somewhat realized, but I'm finding using Band-in-a-Box really speeds up that process, and it feels more satisfying earlier. Maybe you feel the same way. I can tell a lot of time was put into this song, though.

That's a truly noble act! The world could use more selfless actions like this, especially when it comes to sharing tools for expression and creation. One of my favourite bands, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, (weird name, I know) won a big music prize here in Canada a few years ago, and donated all of their winnings to a program that gives musical instruments to prisons and rehab facilities. It really impressed me, and I appreciate your kind act too. Everyone should have access to music, it's such a basic human thing.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Lets Go to Mexico - 04/01/20 04:14 PM
Nice work, especially the guitars. Sounded like it could be a prelude to Ry Cooder's Mexican Divorce.
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lets Go to Mexico - 04/01/20 04:34 PM
Thanks Tune Monger. LOL, I thought of Ry when I started creating this tune.
Posted By: PeterF Re: Lets Go to Mexico - 04/01/20 08:48 PM
Nice work - engaging tune, some great touches and some very tasty guitar playing.

Really well done.

Peter
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lets Go to Mexico - 04/01/20 09:13 PM
Thanks Peter!I am glad you enjoyed it.

While the tunes and their arrangements are important to me, I always strive to make my guitar work the jewel in the crown of my songs.
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: Lets Go to Mexico - 04/01/20 10:10 PM
Lively, uplifting, easy-beat. What's not to like?
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Lets Go to Mexico - 04/02/20 10:05 AM
Nicely done - very uplifting and easy to follow, and gentle on the ears. I can imagine it sounding unreal live.

Thanks for sharing smile
© PG Music Forums