PG Music Home
Posted By: RichardB1985 I Want to Know (Lockdown Mix) - 03/31/20 08:33 AM
I've been so busy with university and full time work that I haven't posted on here for almost half a year. But now I'm locked down for a minimum of 3 weeks I'm going to be catching up on recording and mixing a few things so expect to see a lot of posts on here until the lockdown is lifted! Hopefully starting with something for the songwriting challenge later today.

But before moving on to those, I picked up the Humble Producer Bundle recently and decided to remix this song again using Ultra Analogue. I'm really impressed with the plugin as I just used it to replace the xylophone sound and the guitar solo which was midi in the original mix. So there's no new tracks added, just a different virtual instrument. I'm going to definitely make a lot of use of this and the other VST's which came with the bundle.

I Want to Know (Lockdown Mix)
Posted By: David - PG Music Re: I Want to Know (Lockdown Mix) - 03/31/20 12:19 PM
That's an awesome tune! The solo sounds great! I'm a big fan of Humble Bundle, I'll have to check out that Producer package. Have you tried out the other plugins in that package? I'm trying to decide if I pay the extra lil' bit to unlock some of the more expensive plugins.
Posted By: RichardB1985 Re: I Want to Know (Lockdown Mix) - 03/31/20 01:21 PM
Yeah, I think they're really good. I'm using all of them in the covid19 songwriting challenge song. Lounge Lizard is a really good piano instrument and I really like the guitar one although I don't think I'm a strong enough keyboard or guitar player to get the best out of it. The Ultra Analogue is my favourite by far though. Although I'm not sure how useful the plugins will be if you already have some good synths as they are cut down versions missing some features and the additional soundbanks only work in the AAS player.
Posted By: Scott C Re: I Want to Know (Lockdown Mix) - 04/03/20 03:10 PM
Cool song. Super vocal
© PG Music Forums