PG Music Home
Posted By: wrayer The Prayer - 04/13/20 10:34 AM
https://soundcloud.com/user3562166/the-prayer-duet

In these 'terrifying' and 'troubled' times, I present you with a moment of repose by performing The Prayer as a duet for two trumpets. Relax and enjoy a few moments of quiet solitude.

I play both trumpet parts. The backup group is Band in a Box: Bass, Drums and 3 guitars.
Posted By: David - PG Music Re: The Prayer - 04/14/20 09:00 PM
This is quite a beautiful arrangement, very calming. And excellent trumpet skills!
Posted By: bluage Re: The Prayer - 04/15/20 06:01 AM
Dear Mr. Wrayer (rhymes with 'prayer', perhaps? smile ) ...

To my ears and heart, the feelings evoked by the chord structure you charted in your composition, The Prayer, made it sound as though you had somehow translated varying degrees of pure, warming sunlight directly into musical notation. With the outreaching and upwardly rising tones of your trumpet duet breaking through the clouds, the piece almost takes the listener by the hand and leads them to the 'promised land'.

Nothing but the idea and the emotional message of hope radiates from this production, which to me means that it came straight out of your inspired, optimistic soul.

Truly grateful for the musical gift you shared with all of us forum members,

LOREN/'bluage'
Posted By: jamestoffee Re: The Prayer - 04/16/20 07:23 AM
Very nice arrangement and performance; especially like the ending.

Thanks for sharing.

James
Posted By: wrayer Re: The Prayer - 04/16/20 10:03 AM
Thanks for the replies. I played this piece at my Daughter's wedding. The music is from sheet music that was originally performed by Celine Dion and Bocelli. I used BandLab's DAW to mix the tracks. The accompaniment was created in BiaB to give me the backup group of 3 guitars and a rhythm section of Piano, Bass and Drums.

Again thanks for the comments!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: The Prayer - 04/16/20 03:59 PM
Nicely done - and I agree with other user's, it is nice and calming on the ears. It has an ethereal quality to, and is nice and easy to take. I can imagine it sounding perfect for a wedding. I'm sure your daughter loved it smile

Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: wrayer Re: The Prayer - 04/17/20 10:05 AM
Thank you, Deryk.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: The Prayer - 04/18/20 05:19 PM
William (I presume), I love to hear horns when they are played well and you sure did that here! It's a lovely contemplative piece that certainly accomplishes your stated objective in creating this track! Very nice work! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Scott C Re: The Prayer - 04/19/20 11:56 AM
Very cool song. Very nice rendition.
Posted By: wrayer Re: The Prayer - 04/19/20 12:25 PM
Scott and Torrey,

Thank you for the kind words and for the listen. I am glad you enjoyed it.
© PG Music Forums