PG Music Home
Posted By: lasvideo Lonnie's Blues - 04/14/20 01:20 PM

Another jazz / blues piece.

https://tigerboytom.bandcamp.com/track/lonnies-blues
Posted By: Dzjang Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/14/20 02:03 PM
Nice! Goes from swing to some gospel feel. Great guitar but the sax solo is really remarkable. If it is a “real” soloist file, it ‘s impressive, if you or a friend played this solo: hats off.
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/14/20 02:08 PM
Thanks Dzjang. Im glad you enjoyed it! I arranged / mixed and played guitar based on a tune by a guy named Brian.

LOL!, Of course the sax is real. I programmed it myself with Real Tracks. Come on, this is a BIAB forum. What did you expect? wink
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/15/20 12:32 PM
This tune is done in the style of blues musician Lonnie Johnson. It was tracked and mixed in Studio One. Im primarily a rock/ blues and acoustic guitarist thats recently exploring the realms of jazz. smile
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/15/20 06:34 PM
lasvideo, love the playing and tone on that guitar! This is the kind of stuff I truly dig and admire! Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/15/20 06:44 PM
Thank you very much Torrey!
Posted By: beatmaster Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/15/20 06:55 PM
love the guitar playing and jazzy/bluesy feel , nice one.

Thanks
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/15/20 08:58 PM
Thanks Beatmaster!
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/16/20 12:21 AM
Nice production. Pretty guitar playing. Good job.
Posted By: bluage Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/16/20 03:17 AM
What's up, 'lasvideo' ???

Your composition, Lonnie's Blues, of course! Listening to it was like walking into and out of one night club after another, with each of them featuring musicians performing in the genres of blues and jazz, but each group playing it just a little differently from the other, as though they were picking up on the last thing you heard, and then sending you on to the next set at another club to hear the musical thread moving in another, but still familiar direction -- a pub crawl with music, I guess.

Your track itself and alone would have me digging into my pocket to pay for my admission. Your guitar playing was obviously a professional's performance, but it talked to me, too, real sweet and low, like the lady accompanying me smile .

High-fives, 'lasvideo' !!!

LOREN/'bluage'
Posted By: jamestoffee Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/16/20 07:16 AM
Very nice guitar playing and use of BIAB.

Thanks for sharing.

James
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/16/20 09:21 AM
Originally Posted By: jptjptjpt
Nice production. Pretty guitar playing. Good job.

Thanks a lot, jptjptjpt!
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/16/20 09:22 AM
Originally Posted By: jamestoffee
Very nice guitar playing and use of BIAB.

Thanks for sharing.

James

Im glad you enjoyed it, James.
Posted By: lasvideo Re: Lonnie's Blues - 04/16/20 09:24 AM
Originally Posted By: bluage
What's up, 'lasvideo' ???

Your composition, Lonnie's Blues, of course! Listening to it was like walking into and out of one night club after another, with each of them featuring musicians performing in the genres of blues and jazz, but each group playing it just a little differently from the other, as though they were picking up on the last thing you heard, and then sending you on to the next set at another club to hear the musical thread moving in another, but still familiar direction -- a pub crawl with music, I guess.

Your track itself and alone would have me digging into my pocket to pay for my admission. Your guitar playing was obviously a professional's performance, but it talked to me, too, real sweet and low, like the lady accompanying me smile .

High-fives, 'lasvideo' !!!

LOREN/'bluage'

Thanks Bluage for such a stunning review. I am so glad you had such a positive experience.
© PG Music Forums