PG Music Home
Posted By: wrayer To Reach For the Stars - 06/12/20 09:13 AM
This is an orchestral work I composed using Band in a Box to generate the Harp line and the bass line. The style used was EMERALD.STY. I chose my chord progression and used BiaB to create the background. I then took it to my Composition program (MakeMusic Finale) and added strings, brass, woodwinds, chorus and orchestral percussion. No parts were performed by me. Every instrument was generated by either BiaB or MakeMusic Finale using the Garritan Aria Engine. I am not sure if this is the correct forum to place this work since it goes well beyond using just BiaB, but I thought I would share it with this community. The piece was inspired by the recent SpaceX launch of 2 Americans Astronauts from American soil to the International Space Station.

Please enjoy TO REACH FOR THE STARS: https://soundcloud.com/user3562166/to-reach-for-the-stars
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: To Reach For the Stars - 06/12/20 10:03 AM
Certainly a very interesting and enjoyable orchestral piece.

It has a very slow build, but I do understand that this is the entire intention.

The triplets gave interest.

Very well done.
Posted By: Scott C Re: To Reach For the Stars - 06/12/20 05:07 PM
Cool tune. Very creative. Well done
Posted By: MarioD Re: To Reach For the Stars - 06/12/20 08:43 PM
First this is the forum to post as you did use BiaB. Some of my songs only use a track or two from BiaB.

This is an excellent orchestral piece of music. Very well laid out and the mix was spot on.

You should do more of these!
Posted By: wrayer Re: To Reach For the Stars - 06/13/20 09:49 AM
Thanks for the comments. My wife suggests I should write a novel to go with this music. I do have 4 other novels that I have composed music for.
© PG Music Forums