PG Music Home
Posted By: Tano Music "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/29/20 03:20 PM
"Quarantini, Anyone?"

Happy New Year, Forum Friends!

I made this little instrumental by manually creating the bossa guitar pattern, then adding midi elements for EPiano, Vibe, and Flute. I used the RT's for BossaLewis/Brushes and Bossa Acoustic Bass and Flute Solo. I created the vibe solo by using the Midi Solo tool and finding some phrases for vibe and guitar, then applying them to my midi vibe track. No BIAB style was used.

Hope you enjoy it! (Hic..!)
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 01:47 AM
Tano,
Unusual and fun! Very offbeat stuff. Liked the usage of FX.
There was whole bunch of Eastern European cartoons that I watched as a kid, studios used professional jazz bands to record soundtracks, at times very abstract. This is what it reminded me of, kind of story telling tune. Thank you for sharing, and Happy New Year. We surely need the next one to be a happy one, so we can switch drinks from Quarantini to Friendsfordinne.

Misha.
Posted By: Ghostgum Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 05:30 AM
You certainly have some creative juices flowing there, Tano. What seems at first quite random actually has a well thought out underlying structure. Very interesting! HNY to you.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 08:45 AM
Hi Misha and GhostGum! Happy New Year, and thanks for checking out my holiday submission. Glad you liked it!
Posted By: Crossroads Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 09:03 AM
Tano,

great and most entertaining stuff ! So creative, funny and even roguish.

Cheers to you, everybody on the forum and the entire PG Music staff- have a good and healthy 2021!

Stefan
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 11:06 AM
A very creative quarantini, Tano! Love those vibes. Leonard Feather once likened Paul Desmond's sax playing to a dry martini. This tune is dripping with delight and making good use of a bad situation. Cheers, man!!
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 08:16 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable, got my attention right away with the sound effects and held my interest throughout.
Posted By: Angelomusic Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 09:11 PM
Ohhhh this one is really refreshing, cool, and entertaining! You are very creative ! Really enjoyed it, thanks!
Posted By: Al-David Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 10:29 PM
Hi Tano ...

I love these somewhat peculiar jazz innovations. I have a few I've done myself. Posted a couple of them here many years ago. The creativity needed for a project like this is rather substantial. And this is truly marvelous! It sounds so simple; but as we know, it really isn't. The forethought, imagination, and preparation for this type of wonderful tune is considerable. Very nice, indeed! Loved it!

Maybe I'll post my quirkiest one again. It's called "Sneaky Pete".

Happy New Year, my friend!

Alan
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 11:03 PM
What a fun song! I especially loved the effects you added with the cork pop and the pouring! Lovely job and thanks for sharing! Lots of character in this song.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/30/20 11:17 PM
Thanks all...you all keep me "on my toes" with your creativity and insightful use of the BIAB tools..I really appreciate being part of this community!
Posted By: Scott C Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/31/20 02:11 PM
Very cool backtrack and sound effects. Loved the how the melody just hung a little behind the beat. Kept me focused on the melody. Loved the instruments playing back and forth with each other. Well done
Posted By: Deej56 Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/31/20 03:03 PM
Tano,

Pretty cool instrumental you have here—good mix and flow on the various instrumentals. Very nicely done!

Have a Happy New Year!

Deej
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/31/20 04:28 PM
Way Cool! I (Janice) keep having visions of lots of 1960's movie scenes where there is cool music playing in a party scene or a bar and the lead man is debonair and the woman is oh, so chic. This sounds sophisticated and happy and, try as I might, I cannot get Bud to dance with me. wink

Thoroughly enjoyed it!

J&B
Posted By: Tano Music Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/31/20 08:15 PM
Scott, Deej, J&B...Happy New Year all, and thanks for spending a few minutes with me and my “quirky” contribution...!
Posted By: rayc Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 12/31/20 11:11 PM
A walk in the park via the jazz club.
Nice.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 01/02/21 05:37 PM
I really liked the discordance that permeates through part of the song. Keeps the listener entertained.

A catchy melody, generating lots of interest.
Posted By: PeterF Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 01/02/21 06:19 PM
Clever, appealing and entertaining.

Very composed and constructed.

Peter
Posted By: Tano Music Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 01/03/21 12:25 AM
Thanks Rayc, VideoTrack and Peter...Happy New Year to all!!
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 01/03/21 08:36 PM
Tano, what a great job you've done here! There's a lot more going on here than one realizes if just giving a casual listen! Nice little things happening all over! I love that jazz twist you bring to the forum with your material! Enjoyed it! T
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 01/04/21 09:15 PM
Light. Airy. Captivating. Your production and arrangement kept my ears tuned for what was coming next around the corner. Delightful listen!
Posted By: MarioD Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 01/04/21 09:37 PM
Excellent tune. I really liked the vibe lead and all of the stops. A fun jazz tune for sure with a super groove.
Posted By: Tano Music Re: "Quarantini, Anyone?" - 01/04/21 11:08 PM
Thanks Torrey, Ezekiel, and Mario...best to all of you this New Year!
© PG Music Forums