PG Music Home
Posted By: ChicagoBob Winter Walk - 01/09/21 03:12 PM
Winter Walk

This melody came to me today while walking my dog out on the ice. It was a cold and foggy winter day and all the trees had ice on them. It was extremely quiet and serene.

This is different song that I usually share here but thought it was a good "chill" song that you may enjoy.

Piano is original and I used the BIAB plugin inside of Logic Pro X with the Chamber1.sty to add some of the contra bass and strings
Posted By: CaptainMoto Re: Winter Walk - 01/09/21 04:20 PM
I now feel sufficiently chilled.
Nice.

moto
Posted By: ChicagoBob Re: Winter Walk - 01/09/21 05:55 PM
LOL-- Thanks Captain
Posted By: Ardent Re: Winter Walk - 01/11/21 05:57 AM
Your soul-quieting, sensitively composed music would have summoned in my mind the wintry image you described even if you had not mentioned it in the written introduction to the piece. Truly evocative music-making, ChicagoBob.
Posted By: Rob4580 Re: Winter Walk - 01/11/21 06:49 PM
Very pretty Bob.Wel done on the production.
Rob4580
Posted By: Leon1 Re: Winter Walk - 01/13/21 01:17 AM
Very nice, Bob.
It's thirty five degrees here today (95 degrees Fahrenheit), so a little chilling is most welcome.
Regards,
Leon
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Winter Walk - 01/13/21 09:10 PM
Yes, definitely a chill song, which aptly fits your inspiration. The piano is lovely.

I don't miss the winters in the Midwest, specifically in southwest Michigan, and later in the Upper Peninsula. Although I do like Chicago when the weather is nice.
Posted By: rayc Re: Winter Walk - 01/14/21 12:53 AM
Pretty.
The left channel seems a little light at the beginning and then the piano seems to slowly get a little louder and almost balances the image.
at 2.14 there seems to be a ReatTrack or synth skip in the strings...possibly intentional but it sounds a bit unnatural.
© PG Music Forums