PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Snyder A Stroll In The Park with You (Jazz) - 11/16/21 12:29 AM
An original piece in an old style dixie/swing style. Hope you have a bit of fun.

Clarinet and Muted Trumpet are live playing along with SWAM instruments on iPad using a ROLI Seaboard RISE and Breath Controller. I was very happy with control and expression of this setup.
Just a touch of reverb to give it that "music hall" effect.

https://app.box.com/s/5a8jeqay8ppo5hhp9chub7rydbu9vayn

Band In a Box Style

_DIXMTED.STY. Dixieland Medium Teddy Trio
All RealTracks. Trio. Tempo=110 (100-150)
Instruments: Ac.Bass, Ac.Piano, Drums
RD: JazzTerryClarke^05-a:Brushes , b:Brushes Loud :Terry Clarke
RT1394: Bass, Acoustic, Jazz Sw 110 (Very Simple) , Neil Swainson
RT1791: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm DixielandMedium Sw 110 , Miles Black
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: A Stroll In The Park with You (Jazz) - 11/16/21 12:53 PM
Hello Jim
really well done song
Impressive sound
The idea with the reverb was just right
Both thumbs up
Many greetings
Andi ;-)

Jim,

This sounds really cool.

Nice to see another Snyder around here!!

smile
Posted By: NigelSpiers Re: A Stroll In The Park with You (Jazz) - 11/16/21 07:46 PM
Hi Jim,

I love New Orleans Jazz and this sounds great.

All you need now are some lyrics and you could have a hit on your hands.

Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: A Stroll In The Park with You (Jazz) - 11/16/21 08:18 PM
I love SWAM, wish I had a controller. Excellent work all the way around.
Posted By: Jim Snyder Re: A Stroll In The Park with You (Jazz) - 11/16/21 10:35 PM
Hello all and thanks for the kind words.
Ironically my brother's name is David Snyder but I know this isn't him :-)

I will have to try my hand at some lyrics to see if I can pull it off.

Cheers

Everybody who writes jazz music is my brother Jim.

smile
Posted By: jptjptjpt Re: A Stroll In The Park with You (Jazz) - 11/17/21 01:01 AM
Nice work. Good recording. Authentic sound.

Good one.
Posted By: Al-David Re: A Stroll In The Park with You (Jazz) - 11/21/21 10:37 PM
Hello Jim ...

Welcome to the site (I'm a little late with the greeting - been away from a couple of months). As you already discovered, we have another immensely Snyder on the forum. I guess splendid music creation runs in the Snyder veins!

If I may, one small observation - perhaps just a wee bit strong on the reverb.

I love just about all kinds of Jazz. This is remarkably great piece of music. Very nicely done!

Alan
Posted By: Jim Snyder Re: A Stroll In The Park with You (Jazz) - 11/22/21 02:54 AM
Thanks for the comments Al-David. I went back and forth several times on the type and depth of reverb. I have a few mixes with a more "up close" dry mix, but eventually settled on a bit "further away".

Cheers
Nice work Jim. You captured the era well. BTW I love Terry Clark and Neil Swainson RealTracks. I've used them on a few of my tracks and they sound great.
Cheers,
Mike
© PG Music Forums