PG Music Home
Posted By: CaptainMoto Take The Children - 06/08/22 09:11 PM
My friends,
I've had some technical issues that is taking me quite a bit of time to sort out so, I hope to be back as a regular participant soon.

In the meantime events here in the good old U.S.A have broken my heart!

Somehow we just can't stop the madness occurring every day.

Way back in 2012 we experienced a violent tragedy, that I had hope would be the last of it's kind.
I was just beginning to learn the in's and out of recording and mixing back then and I was compelled to express my feelings in a song.

Well, here we are 10 years later and nothing has changed except my recording mixing skills but the more important issues have been neglected.

I humbly submit a pretty rough song from back then.
No BIAB and not much in the way of audio quality but, the message remains strong.

In fact if you don't mind, I'll add a second song that I was compelled to do in 2017............"Too Many"

Thanks for listening, hope to be over my tech issues soon so I can catch up on all the good stuff and add my own.

Here's "Take The Children"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/onoz7z824uc99up/Take%20The%20Children%20Final%20Cut.mp3?dl=0

Here's the link to "Too Many"
My recording skills are slightly improved but, the situation is the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ptiekfhn4xsd2nh/Too%20Many%20go%283%29.mp3?dl=0
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Take The Children - 06/08/22 10:26 PM
Captain,
Listened to both. That was sad. Well delivered message.
Thank you for sharing.
Misha.

It's a cult....and mental conditions. Both need to be addressed desperately.
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Take The Children - 06/09/22 01:41 PM
Two good, heartfelt sad songs Captain.
I`m lost for words about that madness, but hope singing about it makes it more bearable for you.

Robert
Posted By: Ezekiel's Storm Re: Take The Children - 06/09/22 08:04 PM
Good song! There is a sickness infecting this land. Guitar work sounds mighty fine.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Take The Children - 06/09/22 08:08 PM
Captain

Nice work dealing with a heart wrenching subject! This tune has that Buffalo Springfield "For What It's Worth" vibe to it! You've chosen a good backing for the type of tune that it is!

Thanks, Torrey
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Take The Children - 06/10/22 08:58 AM
Hi Mo,

I could only listen to 'Take the children'. It was on dropbox and lasted nearly 1,5 minute. Is this correct?
The other link didn't work.. Oh, I discovered how it worked! Now I'm listening to Too Many...

It is astonishing what arguments are used to cherish those awful guns, like: "the second amendment is a by God given right".
Who can say such things with dry eyes. You never know if your child is coming home from school again... Terrible thought!

But let me focus on both your songs.
They were both so sensitive sad songs, but you brought it very modestly and sang it very nice. If i had to make a choice between them, the second one I prefer a bit more. But I hope one day you can sing also joyful songs for me/us again. Songs of hope...

Hans
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Take The Children - 06/10/22 09:18 AM
"Take The Children" --I really love the way you play, Moto, so just you and your guitar is always a fun listen. Even a gut-wrenching sad song like this one is a pleasure to hear. I hope your technical issues are quickly resolved. If you think there is anything I can help with, just ask.

"Too Many" --Good God, man. A friend of mine posted a list of school shootings in this country since 1998. The list was 4 pages long and that only listed the SCHOOLS. Imagine how many pages the children's name would take.
Posted By: rayc Re: Take The Children - 06/10/22 08:06 PM
A position that can't be, intelligently, argued against.
Posted By: PROJECT M Re: Take The Children - 06/11/22 06:53 AM
Hi Moto
Very well sung
Your voice sounds very good
Many greetings
Andi ;-)
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Take The Children - 06/11/22 04:41 PM
Cap’n:

Two compelling tunes . . . great songwriting and singing. Enjoyed them both.

Stay safe, stay well.

Deej
Posted By: PeterF Re: Take The Children - 06/11/22 07:42 PM
A very sad almost unfathomable situation (from a distance). Song was well played and sung.

Peter
Posted By: Scott C Re: Take The Children - 06/12/22 09:39 PM
Well done Moto. Super vocal and lyric on a very heart wrenching situation.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Take The Children - 06/13/22 12:58 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc
A position that can't be, intelligently, argued against.

I think ray said it well...
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Take The Children - 06/14/22 06:53 PM
“Oh Lord, what have we become?
Take the children, save the guns”

It’s so sad that these kinds of songs are still relevant.

Your performances reminded both of us of Tony Joe White in his late period.

We hope you get your technical difficulties sorted out soon.

J&B

PS This is assuredly worthy of BiaB enhancement! smile
Posted By: musician17 Re: Take The Children - 06/14/22 07:06 PM
Songs which make any normal being cry. Superbly written, produced and sang. Bravo, and thanks for sharing.
© PG Music Forums