PG Music Home
Posted By: Al-David Too Much Fun - 09/28/22 05:22 PM
Too Much Fun

Been away for about 3 weeks - family emergencies and health issues. First, thanks to everyone who commented on my previous song but I didn't get a chance to answer. I appreciate your time to listen and comment so nicely.

I put this together a month ago. Saw some kids - maybe 6 thru 10 years old - playing in the local park. They were playing tag, skip rope, jump rope, running thru the water sprinklers, and just running around with big smiles and laughing loudly. So I put this together that evening after dinner.

I hope it portrays the fun and laughter I was trying to express with the music. Yeah, a bit cheesy but I still like it!

Also, I'm aware of the brief volume decrease at about 0:22 and 0:36 0- tried to get rid of it by uploading several times, but it refuses to go away.

File:Too Much Fun.SGU

Key=A , Tempo 133, Length (m:s)=2:53

Style is _QUICK.STY (Quick Baritone Guitar Rock)

RealTracks in style: 1691:Bass, Electric, CountryDrivin8thsPumpin Ev 150
RealTracks in song: 4005:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModPopFunkyOctaves Ev16 130
RealTracks in style: 3720:Guitar, Baritone Acoustic, Rhythm AmericanaFastRock Ev 150
RealTracks in song: 1530:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopPower Ev 120
RealDrums in style:Rock90s^01-a:Closed Hat, Snare, b:Open Hat, Snare
Posted By: firesong Re: Too Much Fun - 09/28/22 08:52 PM
Al...that was smokin'...I like your chord changes...gets the blood pumping!
Posted By: dcuny Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 02:35 AM
The title fits perfectly - upbeat and energetic! smile
Posted By: rsdean Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 06:23 AM
Alan,

Sounds great! Love the energy and mix.

Very well done!

Bob
Posted By: BabuMusic Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 09:53 AM
WOW!! Frolicking's fun. When you started talking about the kids in the park doing those things I thought for sure you were talking about "the way it was" kind of thing. Now I'd expect to see them all texting each other from the next swing set over. Man, this is a rocker. A solid, in-your-face romp through exhilaration. Man, you can write them, Al. What a gem.
Posted By: TuneMonger Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 12:18 PM
Man, I love that octaves guitar, you found a hidden gem there. And it blends so well with the solo guitar. More music magic from Al, I totally dug it. Great job as usual.
Posted By: jannesan Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 02:35 PM
Al, your chord progressions are always the most interesting on this forum and this is no exception, really intriguing and creative combination of rock and prog feel, did you use micro chords? I really love that feature, adds so much to the songs. Great rhythm and excellent guitar instrumentation, I had fun listening to this and it sounds that you really have had much fun making it, hopefully not too much, so that you will find energy for another similar project smile

Janne
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 04:13 PM

Alan,

That is a lot of fun man.

You are right.

It IS too much fun!!

smile
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 05:41 PM
Originally Posted By: firesong
Al...that was smokin'...I like your chord changes...gets the blood pumping!

Hi Dan ...

Thanks a bunch! I'm al;ways experimenting with chord progressions and mixing instruments (RTs 95% of the time) from various genres that might not seem logical/ Sometimes it works!

Thanks again ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 05:42 PM
Originally Posted By: dcuny
The title fits perfectly - upbeat and energetic! smile

Hey David ...

Glad it all works for you. Thanks for letting me know.

Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 05:42 PM
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Alan,

Sounds great! Love the energy and mix.

Very well done!

Bob

Hi Bob ...

And I love your review! Thanks so much! Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 05:46 PM
Originally Posted By: BabuMusic
WOW!! Frolicking's fun. When you started talking about the kids in the park doing those things I thought for sure you were talking about "the way it was" kind of thing. Now I'd expect to see them all texting each other from the next swing set over. Man, this is a rocker. A solid, in-your-face romp through exhilaration. Man, you can write them, Al. What a gem.

Hey There, Marty!\

Well now, aren't you just way too kind! I've been mentally throwing around a "The Way It Was" composition (Not the Barbrara Streisand thing - just some throw-back memories to the late 40s and the 50s). HGowever, it will probably be a little more seruious that this.

Thanks for all the really nice things you said! Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 05:48 PM
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Man, I love that octaves guitar, you found a hidden gem there. And it blends so well with the solo guitar. More music magic from Al, I totally dug it. Great job as usual.

Hi Bob ...

Yeah, that;'s a pretty cool guitar track. It was part od a srtyle I was sample and decided to use it here. Glad I did!

Thanks a big bunch for being so nice to my music. Wishing you the best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 05:50 PM
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Al, your chord progressions are always the most interesting on this forum and this is no exception, really intriguing and creative combination of rock and prog feel, did you use micro chords? I really love that feature, adds so much to the songs. Great rhythm and excellent guitar instrumentation, I had fun listening to this and it sounds that you really have had much fun making it, hopefully not too much, so that you will find energy for another similar project smile

Janne

Hi Janne ...

Thank you very much for your exceptionally kind comments. Sure do appreciate them! No, I didn't use the micro-chord feature. They're just quarter note beats that worked well together. I do have another somewhat simialr project in the works.

Again, many thanks for your time and kindness ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 05:52 PM
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Alan,

That is a lot of fun man.

You are right.

It IS too much fun!!

smile

\

HI David ...

I'm delighted it came across to you as I had intended it to do. I apporeciate your comments.

BTW ... Within the next week or so, I'll be sending you a PM. Til then, take care.

Alan
Posted By: Sundance Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 10:06 PM
Happy energetic uplifting fun - spot on Alan!
Loved how the arrangement made it so easy to visualize kids and dogs running and jumping
having a giggling good time rolling around in the grass playing.
Enjoyed it very much. So joyful.

Josie
Posted By: Bass Thumper Re: Too Much Fun - 09/29/22 10:22 PM
Al, I got a workout just listening to this smile
I loved the driving drums and youthful energy in this one.
Nicely done.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 09/30/22 03:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Happy energetic uplifting fun - spot on Alan!
Loved how the arrangement made it so easy to visualize kids and dogs running and jumping
having a giggling good time rolling around in the grass playing.
Enjoyed it very much. So joyful.

Josie

Hi Josie ...

Thank you so much for the nice comments. I'm beyond delighted the music conveys to you exactly what I wanted it to. That's a great feeling/compliment for a composer to hear/read. I appreciate it very much. Take care ...

Ala,
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 09/30/22 03:09 PM
Originally Posted By: Bass Thumper
Al, I got a workout just listening to this smile
I loved the driving drums and youthful energy in this one.
Nicely done.

Hi BT ...

Ha! I'm glad you mentioned the drums as I think they add to the excitement and drive of the song. Thanks for noting that. Glad you enjoyed the song. Wishing you the best ...

Alan
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Too Much Fun - 09/30/22 07:09 PM
A lot of energy in that one, Alan.
Nice mix.

fj
Posted By: mark wilson Re: Too Much Fun - 09/30/22 09:10 PM
That WAS fun. Might have increased my blood pressure 5 points but worth it. Impressive rhythm on guitars and the entire arraignment is bizarrely fun and musical. Nice skills dude. Well done!!
-Mark
Posted By: rayc Re: Too Much Fun - 09/30/22 09:36 PM
UP & FUN for certain. I listened with headphones and enjoy being able to hear each instrument clearly...gooooood mix.
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/01/22 05:36 AM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Nice mix.

fj

Thanks a bunch, Floyd. Glad it works for you. Hope ther storm wasn't too much of a problem in your area. Best you and yours.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/01/22 05:40 AM
Originally Posted By: mark wilson
That WAS fun. Might have increased my blood pressure 5 points but worth it. Impressive rhythm on guitars and the entire arraignment is bizarrely fun and musical. Nice skills dude. Well done!!
-Mark

Hi Mark ...

Many thanks for the visit and very kind words. Don't let that BP get too high!

Wishing you & yours the best ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/01/22 05:42 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
UP & FUN for certain. I listened with headphones and enjoy being able to hear each instrument clearly...gooooood mix.

G'Day Ray ...

Many thanks for thre nuce words. I spent more time mixing this - countless efforts - than i did on writing and putting the arrangement together. Glad it paid off. Thanks for letting me know.

Best to ya ...

Alan
Posted By: RnAM Re: Too Much Fun - 10/01/22 10:51 AM
Hi Al,

The music really fits your description of the playing kids.
Very nice to listen too and imagine the kids.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Posted By: Robertkc Re: Too Much Fun - 10/01/22 01:48 PM
Al,
Irresistible energy rocks this-the inspiration you found in those kids comes through.
A great listen.

Robert
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/01/22 07:12 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Al,

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi Rob & Anne-Marie ...

I'm more than happy that the music exemplifies the description. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the listwen and nice comments!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/01/22 07:14 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Al,
Irresistible energy rocks this-the inspiration you found in those kids comes through.
A great listen.

Robert

Hi Robert ...

Thasnk you for the time to listen and comment so nicely. It's very satisfying to kn ow the music does, indeed, rewflect the inspiration. Thank you so much!

Alan
Posted By: edshaw Re: Too Much Fun - 10/01/22 08:07 PM
What a sound track, Alan. Perfect, and fun.
Best wishes to you in health and welfare.
Ed
Posted By: musician17 Re: Too Much Fun - 10/03/22 02:45 PM
So much fun! You paint the picture with the music - I can just see those kids just running around in the park and having a great time, just as you said. I've really enjoyed this one - never "too much" fun when it comes to listening to your songs. A joy. Bravo.
Posted By: Deej56 Re: Too Much Fun - 10/03/22 03:29 PM
Alan,

I think you've captured exactly what you were shooting for. Kind of a zany, crazed, happy sound--I can picture a bunch of kids running around the playground in fast motion in a music video. Excellent production here as well. Cool outing!

Hope all is well in your world,

Deej
Posted By: Birchwood Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 12:05 PM
Hello Alan,

Didn't expect this song at all.
I thought it would have been in the groove you usualy use, but man, what an energy bursted out of my speakers!
And a very unusual chord progression for sure!

Were you really mad (mind the controller) at something? Or?
But you did a really good job in this genre. I don't think I can, well maybe, one day...
Very cool, Alan!

Hans
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 02:58 PM
That was a lot of fun. The chord progression in places reminded me of some of the early Brit Rock bands.....
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:40 PM
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Nice mix.

fj

Thanks, Floyd. I appreciate it!

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:42 PM
Originally Posted By: mark wilson
-Mark

Hi Mark ...

OK, go take that BP pill! Glad you en joyed it. I apprecioate all the kind words. It took me about 5 hours to put it together.

Thanks again...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:43 PM
Originally Posted By: rayc

Ray ...

Masny thasnks for the props. Glad the individual tracks are all evidfent in there resdpectiver places. Thanks for mentiong it!

Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:44 PM
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Al,

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi There!

Thank you very much for the listen and the really nice words. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Al,
A great listen.

Robert

Hi Robert ...

Thank you very muc. Glad you enjoyed the listen. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:47 PM
Originally Posted By: edshaw
What a sound track, Alan. Perfect, and fun.
Best wishes to you in health and welfare.
Ed

Hi Ed ...

So nice tyo have you listening. I'm delighted my intended goal was accomplished. And, also, we appreciate the kind words on outr health. I'm doing pretty good. Di is day-to-day regardiung how she is at a particular time. Thnaks for the nice words.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:49 PM
Originally Posted By: musician17
So much fun! You paint the picture with the music - I can just see those kids just running around in the park and having a great time, just as you said. I've really enjoyed this one - never "too much" fun when it comes to listening to your songs. A joy. Bravo.

Hi James ...

Yeah, those kids were inspirational. I think it was an organized group of some kind as there normally aren't that many kids there at the same time.

Wishing you everything good ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Deej56
Alan,

I think you've captured exactly what you were shooting for. Kind of a zany, crazed, happy sound--I can picture a bunch of kids running around the playground in fast motion in a music video. Excellent production here as well. Cool outing!

Hope all is well in your world,

Deej

Hey Deej ...

Thanks for the really nice comments. "Zaney,m crazy and happy ..." I like that! Thank you very much. best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Birchwood
Hello Alan,

Didn't expect this song at all.
I thought it would have been in the groove you usualy use, but man, what an energy bursted out of my speakers!
And a very unusual chord progression for sure!

Were you really mad (mind the controller) at something? Or?
But you did a really good job in this genre. I don't think I can, well maybe, one day...
Very cool, Alan!

Hans

Hello Hans ...

Well, I'm glad to hear it was a good surprise! Nope, not mad ... happy to see the kids havuing sdo much fun. Thank you for the very nice comments! Much appreciated. TYaKE CARE ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/04/22 06:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
That was a lot of fun. The chord progression in places reminded me of some of the early Brit Rock bands.....

Howdy Herb ...

First, I aplologize for bnot getting over to you most recent post. If it';s not buried beyond poage 2, I'll take a listen this evening and leave you a cooment. I mention that because of your response to a comment I made in one of the other forums. Also, i appreciate your comments on thast post. Some good info there.

Glad this oner works for you. It was a spur of the moment thing,. Seems to have workeds out OK. Many thanks. Take care ...

Alan
Posted By: Brad Williams Re: Too Much Fun - 10/06/22 08:35 PM
Now that's a hoppin' happy tune. Nice stereo effects and great ideas throughout.
Posted By: Torrey Bliss Re: Too Much Fun - 10/08/22 11:11 AM
Beautiful work Alan! I always love everything you do! This one is movin'! As for the volume decreases, I was wondering if you might have automation active on your master track and accidentally bumped the fader. Also, could be a compression thing going on with the master track, which is the more likely scenario. Still love the tune though! Take care, Torrey
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Too Much Fun - 10/09/22 05:06 PM
Man, you are a master with all Biab tracks.
Outstanding demonstration of talent and BiaB.

Cool progression and choice of tracks.

Great mix and excellent sounding drums.

We loved the imagery you described and the song it inspired!

J&B
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/09/22 05:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Brad Williams
Now that's a hoppin' happy tune. Nice stereo effects and great ideas throughout.

Hi Brad ...

Glad you enjoyed it! And thanks for those very nice commnents.

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/09/22 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Beautiful work Alan! I always love everything you do! This one is movin'! As for the volume decreases, I was wondering if you might have automation active on your master track and accidentally bumped the fader. Also, could be a compression thing going on with the master track, which is the more likely scenario. Still love the tune though! Take care, Torrey

Hi Torrey ...

I was very pleased to read that it works for you. I truly appreciate your commets about my music in gerneral - that was very kind of you to say.

I think I discovered the reason for the volume decreases. I often use the vsts that are undigenoius to the BIAB software. On this one, I use the BIAB Dynamics vst - it's essentially a loudness utility. One of its options is the intensity of the utility. By playing around with the SGU file, since I posted this, I found that if you elevate the intensity level, it can cause all the tracks to lose volume simultaneously at the peak level. That mighht be the problem. And, as you suggested, the compression might have also exascerbated the problem.

Anyway, many thanks for the kindness. Best to you ...

Alan
Posted By: Al-David Re: Too Much Fun - 10/09/22 06:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Man, you are a master with all Biab tracks.
Outstanding demonstration of talent and BiaB.

Cool progression and choice of tracks.

Great mix and excellent sounding drums.

We loved the imagery you described and the song it inspired!

J&B

Hi Folks ...

Now, aren't ya'll just too kind! Thank you very much for those comments. Not sure, but might have to buy new headgear now. We found out the kids were part of an outing by a local church group - a youth activities outing.

Your constant support of our efforts is very much apppreciated. Thanks so much!

Alan & Di
© PG Music Forums