PG Music Home
PG.

let me explain please.

its only occasionally do i come across great sounding rt's with great rock guitar classic tones...or i have to spend lots of time manipulating rock rt's....even though at least twice a year i go through all electric guitar rt's.
sure there are good ones for non rock genres...but for rock genre not so much imho.

for example the stallion rock song in my sig uses a rock pg rt that i finally
found that i like. i dont know who did the rt as not at my computer but this is the type of TONE that rocks me...as its not wimpy but also not over the top spitty distortion that i dont like...ie JUST RIGHT.
Great kudos to whoever created the rt.

in fact i liked this rt so much it twigged the stallion song idea in my sig.
which used only pg dx plugins and products.
in summary i used the rt as the centrepiece of the song...cos it rocked me
sooo much and i'm going in the studio OH YEAH !!

fwiw the pg rock rt twigged the song idea in me while incidentally at the same time one of my neighbors had got this amazeing fancy new car that i told him he should call the stallion and we both laughed.lol.
in summary the rt plus my neighbors car i felt the song was meant to be.

in summary pg could we have many more rock rt's that sound classic/groovy that arent spitty or wimpy? and dont need lots of manipulating via amp plug ins and editing tricks that ive had to use so many times in the past.

merry merry xmas to all staff and thanks for providing your products that spur sooo much creativity and fun for me. for contrast fyi pg the other song at the link is my first bluegrass song...spurred by a pg style... Once again this song wouldnt have occurred without one of your styles twigging a song idea.8
as they say in england all jolly good fun....i love lots of fun.

om
Addendum.

ok ive been going through in detail auditioning all rock guitar rt's.
looking for rt's for a new round of songs i'm gonna be embarking on.
my criteria being…
..good tone and
..sounds that are not 'spitty' viz distortion
or 'wimpy'.

i did many rt auditions and finally ended on Mike Durham's distorted rock guitar rt's. For me their rock guitar tone is 'just right'.
In conclusion, more Mr D please. focusing on classic rock tones.
particular lead tones….eg 38 special superb lead tone on hold on loosely,
and pat benetars brilliant lead player tones, and maybe throw in …
dare I say it ?...but i like the lead tone on some of the knack songs like my sharona.
please no rotten egg throwing…lol.

please note this is no sleight viz all the other obviously extremely talented rt artists…it's just my personal preference for rock songs.
ie classic tone that is neither 'wimpy' nor 'spitty'...and whereby all us rock lovers will go 'OH YEAH…NAILED IT'.

here's another idea…for us guitarists
(I'm passable on rhythm…lmao…the wonders of audio editing ... .as I'm a singer.)
In the artist bios I'm sure lots of us users might find it interesting to know the gear used for a rt…eg guitar model and amp model and/or any pedals used.
and thus learn from the equipment choices ? might be useful for users new to song production also for learning ?

Merry xmas to all.

om
© PG Music Forums