PG Music Home
Posted By: Edward Buckley Reggae & Ska Real Tracks - 03/18/10 01:08 AM
It would be great to have the above mentioned Real Tracks (Guitar strums on 2 & 4, Bom Bom Bass and B3 organ) and the "Special" high tuned Snare for Reggae.
Posted By: Aubrey Re: Reggae & Ska Real Tracks - 04/17/10 07:44 PM
Hi Edward,
I would definitely second that!

Regards, Aubrey
Posted By: howtoplaybassdotcom Re: Reggae & Ska Real Tracks - 05/23/10 09:55 PM
Some 'straight' reggae drum styles would be cool too.

And some proper reggae real bass in a robbie shakespear style would be just unbelievably cool.
Posted By: pwarren Re: Reggae & Ska Real Tracks - 07/05/10 10:33 PM
I definately agree with that. We have enough country. lol
Posted By: mangoa Re: Reggae & Ska Real Tracks - 08/11/10 01:26 AM
Yes, I agree with all these guys. More reggae and ska.

And while we are at it, why not add some other Caribbean styles (Calypso, Soca, Beguine, Zouk, Kompa, etc.) and some more Brazilian styles (Baiao, Partido Alto, some more samba styles). World beat is a bit under-represented in Realtracks (doesn't even have its own category).

You see, I only came to BIAB with Realtracks (didn't like the midi thing much) and now that I got a taste of it, I would love some more ! And since I live in the Caribbean, my interest leans more towards World beat rhythms.
Posted By: simonsings Re: Reggae & Ska Real Tracks - 07/10/11 04:04 AM
Hi Ed

what's up?

Simon BĂ©lair
Posted By: simonsings Re: Reggae & Ska Real Tracks - 07/10/11 04:24 AM
Hello Ed!

long time since The Legend Of the Seas...right

The following style is a VERY important drum and bass pattern that, surprisingly, never made it as midi or as real track material in BIB!

It is a typical 80'es ska pattern. But I am not talking Madness style nor Selectors here...Read on...

Simple but effective: 4 to the bar on the bass drum, ska clave (on 3 and ''and'' of 4) on the rim shot, 8th notes throughout on a closed hi-hat. Around 130...

This is the typical Police groove (Regatta de Blanc), English beat (''I just can't stop it'', the whole album basically uses it), Grace Jones's ''Night Clubbing'' Album (Walking in the Rain, I've seen this face before) and countless other tunes, including some Prince suff, Billy Idol etc...

There is one ok midi attempt called UKRIDE (B pattern) except that beat 4 is missed by the bass drum, it should have been throughout the measure. Should be real tracked anyways! Hopefully...

Please, let's all push to get this useful and loved to this day style in our arsenal.

Spread the word!

Thank you!

SimonSings
Posted By: jcspro40 Re: Reggae & Ska Real Tracks - 07/10/11 06:03 AM
Quote:

We have enough country. lol

HEY!!
© PG Music Forums