PG Music Home
Posted By: TheSonarian Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 07/25/07 02:02 PM
I have been a fan and a customer for "many" years now. I think the catalogue at PGMusic is the best asset for musicians world wide. I only wish I had this access when I was much younger. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, consider a style set of good "FUNK" ... good nasty straight funk grooves ... we have access to so many good genres ... but really no "funk" ... I hope you will consider ... again ... thank you all at PGM for being a such a friend to music and musicians. Oh, the prices have always been incredible and reasonable too ... thank you Team PGM ...
Posted By: CyberGuy Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 10/09/07 01:11 AM
Sly Stone style funk would be very useful.
Posted By: SeaMus Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 12/30/07 09:14 PM
There is a lot to Funk, things like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Pepper, Earth Wind & Fire,
James Brown, and countless others.

I second the vote for funk.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 12/30/07 10:53 PM
Quote:

There is a lot to Funk, things like Tower of Power, Red Hot Chili Pepper, Earth Wind & Fire,
James Brown, and countless others.

I second the vote for funk.

I'll third it!
Posted By: smokingunnz Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 03/19/08 06:20 PM
Count me in. Just love that stuff. I'll bet they're saving it for Real Electric Guitar in BIAB 2009. Any takers?
Posted By: Kemmrich Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 01/19/09 06:54 PM
+1 on the Tower of Power type horn/brass sections -- think the Little Feat album, Waiting for Columbus

Kevin
Posted By: howtoplaybassdotcom Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 02/23/09 07:25 AM
+1 on Tower of Power type funk - both 16th note AND shuffle (TOP do a mean shuffle!)

Paul
Posted By: abaudio Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 03/20/09 01:41 AM
I absolutely agree here. I might be a freshman in the BiaB world, but it was allready clear in those few days I got it. When you like jazz or country I guess you are in heaven with this program.

Even though I allready worked out a few old songs of mine, which is much easier than the old way, playing and programming everything by myself, but still for funk it is even after 2 years that this request was made by the topicmaker, not really richly provided. No funky solo's on guitar, bass reed or whatever, not much variation in the styles and also the brass sections are a bit poor... A lack of realtracks especially. So more funk would be highly appreciated. I got for example to make some kind of forced bluesy solo on my funky songs, which do not really serve the song well. And so I still end up playing those tracks either myself or let someone come over to play some for me. And that was exactly not the reason I bought this program, it would be nice if I could work my songs out without help of others (works better for me anyway). Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, otherwise I would probably send the package back, but just that I see the balance is a bit to one side.

Oh yeah, some funky disco would be welcome as well!
Posted By: SeaMus Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 05/07/09 06:45 PM
Hi Abaudio,
The more feedback pgmusic gets, the better.

And they might realize that if they throw in a bunch of new funk material, they might attract a bunch of new users. Not that there is anything wrong with upgrading old users.
Posted By: Mac Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 05/11/09 02:25 PM
Having hung around here for a decade or so, I have seen a pattern as to the styles genre. If pgmusic makes ANY genre of style, the folks that like another genre will complain that there aren't enough of the genre that they like, and on it goes.

PGMusic has been doing a great job of adding more styles in many differing genres over the years, this wishlist alone has been honored quite a few times, actually.

Therefore I'd expect to see some good Funk styles in the future, as well as styles from all the other genres as well.

I'm probably in a minority with this, but I sure hope that they don't abandon the all-MIDI style format in favor of nothing but RealTracks, too. With a gret MIDi synth, sometimes it is hard to hear any real difference. And I have a feeling that development of an all-MIDI style is a simpler task to do in the long run.

--Mac
Posted By: MarioD Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 05/12/09 03:02 PM
Quote:

I'm probably in a minority with this, but I sure hope that they don't abandon the all-MIDI style format in favor of nothing but RealTracks, too. With a gret MIDi synth, sometimes it is hard to hear any real difference. And I have a feeling that development of an all-MIDI style is a simpler task to do in the long run.

--Mac

I doubt you’re in the minority on this Mac, if so than so am I. I believe there are many of us who use the midi side of BiaB, at least that is the impression I get on other forums.

I really believe PGMusic would shoot themselves in the foot if they went RealTracks only.
Posted By: Ian Fraser Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 05/14/09 03:07 PM
Quote:

I doubt you’re in the minority on this Mac, if so than so am I. I believe there are many of us who use the midi side of BiaB

Me too. RealTracks has a long way to go to offer the creative choices generated by BIAB midi styles. RTs are great augmenters to BIAB styles for a touch of realism but I think it would be a mistake to jettison the midi for RTs. Were I still doing live gigs and using the PG software, I think I would lean toward RTs as backup, but for composition I prefer midi - easier to tweak than a studio musician.
Posted By: Mac Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 05/14/09 04:00 PM
Well, I never thought that Peter et al would abandon MIDI styles, etc.

My comment was directed at some of the posters, actually.

Some seem to want all real tracks all the time.

Which leads to an ever-growing wishlist about *what* they'd like to see available.

In effect, it will end up covering every single thing out there eventually.

But PGMusic will decide what they will offer anyway.

And those who will be disappointed will likely register their anger on these forums.

As usual.

By now I know the drill.

Whenever PGMusic releases Jazz styles or RealTracks, the accusations fly.

Then, whenever PGMusic releases Country or Rock or (?) styles or RealTracks, the accusations fly again.

Musicians are emotional.

They shouldn't be.

Most often, that gets in the way of their ability to do the music.

--Mac
Posted By: Russell DeMussel Re: Peter Gannon, FUNK FUNK FUNK - 05/29/09 12:46 PM
Mac said:Musicians are emotional.

They shouldn't be.

Most often, that gets in the way of their ability to do the music.

Hey. We're supposed to be emotional. That's why we're musicians.
© PG Music Forums