PG Music Home
Posted By: Skyline Brass section RTs please! - 05/22/12 03:55 PM
Some sounds like the Memphis Horns would be really useful.

John
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Brass section RTs please! - 05/23/12 01:56 AM
Hey John, sounds good. I do wonder when I read requests such as these, exactly how they would be possible, and whether existing loops packages would instead be better.

For example, we frequently get requests here for Tower of Power Horns (as an aside, I've worked with some of them), and now Memphis Horns. When making RealTracks, PG Music would have to have horn players play over specific changes, and write horn licks in harmony. Wouldn't that be an awfully large number of combinations to prepare? And wouldn't there be plenty of inappropriate choices by BIAB upon playback?

Don't mind my ramblings, I'm just wondering how this could be accomplished. It's great to ask for this, though.
Posted By: jford Re: Brass section RTs please! - 05/24/12 03:20 PM
Hi, Matt -

I think something like this would probably work better in RB rather than BIAB. I think it would be great if we could get some nice brass accents, not necessarily to play a whole song, but to punctuate a song (maybe while a singer is holding out a long note). That would seem to be very doable to me, and then it would sound like real brass, which doesn't always do so well in a MIDI rendition unless you want to spend the big bucks for a high end synth (which then requires a LOT of tweaking to get it to sound right).

It would be nice to highlight a bar or two in a song and get a nice brass riff in the right key and (depending on how many they make) in the right style.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Brass section RTs please! - 05/24/12 06:49 PM
No question, this would be great to have. I'm just wondering whether it's RealTracks we want, or loops with brass section hits.
Posted By: Tommyc Re: Brass section RTs please! - 05/25/12 02:57 PM
I would love to have a Brass horn section too. I think multiple Real tracks in RB could be the way, by transposing individual sections to match chord intervals. That way several different single instrument tracks could be used without PG having to make the harmonies. Maybe? Just grasping at straws!
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Brass section RTs please! - 11/12/12 01:18 AM
It would make more sense to make brass SUPERMIDI tracks, because they'd be editable, and the newer sample libraries make the superMIDI sound as good as real tracks

This would provide the most bang for the buck all around.

(Puh-LEeeeease!)

see other thread:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.p...SID=#Post383771
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Brass section RTs please! - 11/12/12 01:24 AM
<CAVE MAN>
PAT WANT!
PAT WANT!
PAT NOT HAVE BUT PAT WANT!
</CAVE MAN>

SHAME-O-METER
0_\_______100
Posted By: MarioD Re: Brass section RTs please! - 11/12/12 05:49 PM
Quote:

It would make more sense to make brass SUPERMIDI tracks, because they'd be editable, and the newer sample libraries make the superMIDI sound as good as real tracks

This would provide the most bang for the buck all around.

(Puh-LEeeeease!)

see other thread:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/showflat.p...SID=#Post383771

A SUPER BIG +1

Plus I would add that all new RTs come with a supermidi track. I think that would satisfy both sides of the midi and RT camps. I would probably buy both anyway as I’m sure many would.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Brass section RTs please! - 11/13/12 02:56 AM
ANOTHER BIG YES PLEASE!

Later,
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Brass section RTs please! - 11/13/12 12:00 PM
Quote:

Plus I would add that all new RTs come with a supermidi track. I think that would satisfy both sides of the midi and RT camps. I would probably buy both anyway as I’m sure many would.

I like this idea!

Since newer real tracks already come with MIDI for use in charting and guitar/piano simulations, and since whoever plays the real track audio could simultaneously be recording the same passages as MIDI... this is a killer idea!

Minimal extra work to provide maximum extra functionality!

BIG...
PLUS...
ONE!

© PG Music Forums