PG Music Home
Posted By: thesleeve Western Swing - 12/10/12 06:42 PM
I would love to see some kind of Western Swing / Rockabilly style, something like Bill Kirchen, Bob Wills, or Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen. You can kind of emulate this in BIAB using some existing RealTracks like the fast Gypsy Jazz styles, but as far as I can tell, there aren't any dedicated western swing styles.

If anybody has experimented with this type of music using existing BIAB styles (either MIDI or RealTracks), let me know!
Posted By: percy Re: Western Swing - 12/10/12 09:59 PM
I've been using the Western Swing styles since 2011. These are some of my favorite styles especially when used
together with the pedal steel and fiddle soloists. I haven't checked out what's new in 2013 yet.

In fact, I've been working on 'Way Down Texas Way' the last couple of days.

Percy
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: Western Swing - 12/14/12 04:48 AM
Now you two have my attention. I have several western swing songs in mgu,sgu,mp3 and wave. Way Down Texas Way is one of my favorites,by Asleep At The Wheel. If you have The Everything Pak. or the Ultra Plus Pak. 2013, then you have everything you need . Peter Gannon knows what it takes for real western swing. Open the Real Tracks Picker,choose an inst. and read the bios. It reads like the who's who's of country and western swing, including 4 artist from The Time Jumpers Band. ---------Leon
Posted By: percy Re: Western Swing - 12/14/12 02:29 PM
Leon,

When I logged on this morning, I saw this flashing icon, and finally, out of curiosity, clicked on.
Never had a PM before. I read it and all of a sudden it disappeared. The PMs apparently aren't saved.
Can't figure out how to PM you back.

I've updated some of my existing tunes with the Western Swing styles, e,g, Heartaches by the Number, which I already know the lyrics to. When my current song list is updated, I'll indeed check back with you . I do the vocals and can only work on a few songs at a time when learning new material.

Glad you can appreciate the true artistry of these styles.

Thanks a lot.
Percy
Posted By: furry Re: Western Swing - 02/07/13 07:28 PM
There's a lot of excellent new western swing styles in BIAB 2013 !
Posted By: Raymon dixn Re: Western Swing - 03/02/13 07:17 AM
I don't do construction or making but I am interested in collection and listening them. So have some really cool collections that I have got from my friends and known ones.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Western Swing - 03/11/13 09:42 PM
Quote:

Leon,

When I logged on this morning, I saw this flashing icon, and finally, out of curiosity, clicked on.
Never had a PM before. I read it and all of a sudden it disappeared. The PMs apparently aren't saved.
Can't figure out how to PM you back.

Percy

Percy, after clicking on the flashing flag icon, scroll down a bit and you will see a list of your PMs. Click on the top one. (You may only have the one). The flag quits flashing when you acknowledge receipt.

The definitely are saved in your RECEIVED folder but, be aware, the folder is quite small, so empty it frequently. You can cut/paste to a folder on your computer if you want.

HTH (Hope This Helps)
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Western Swing - 03/13/13 04:11 AM
There are many Western Swing styles in version 2013 but the style names in style picker start with (-), there are several excellent Bob Wills styles. Try adding pedal steel or fiddle soloists too.
© PG Music Forums