PG Music Home
Posted By: Icelander A "slow-down ending" for RealTracks. - 10/01/14 01:46 AM
I wasn't sure if this should be posted in this forum or the overall Wishlist forum, but here goes:

I cannot believe we're in more than 20 years and there's still no way to slow down the play per BEAT, just per bar. I would think that by now, and especially with your most excellent time stretching engines going better and better, this would be at the top of the 'to do' list.
And the usability of such a feature don't even need saying, the endings alone would severely benefit, for one (obvious) thing.
Posted By: John-Luke Re: A "slow-down ending" for RealTracks. - 10/01/14 07:15 AM
+1
That has been requested for many years. Slowing down the tempo ber bar is not a professional approach...
Wait and see for the next BIAB release !
Posted By: Icelander Re: A "slow-down ending" for RealTracks. - 10/02/14 02:16 PM
I figured as much, and it's not the first time I've mentioned it to them myself either! Which is precisely why I'm not holding my breath for next release. As you said yourself, it's already been "requested for years" smirk
Slowing down the endings.... Since RB uses audio, that is not easy to do without generating artifacts.

So until they get this resolved and workable.....

I write and compose in BB. It's really easy to slow your endings there in BB. Simply edit the tempo measure by measure reducing each one more. Of course you would need to have a significant tempo drop in the span of a few measures to be effective..... so here's what I did.

The song was 4/4 and needed to slow to a stop in the span of 2 to 3 measures. Edit the last several measures to change them from 4/4 to 2/4. You will need to add one new measure for each one you reduce to 2/4. By doing that, you are able to have more steps down in tempo making the slow down smoother to the ear.... it's not even noticeable that it's "stepped" when done right. Do not use the BB standard/default 2 or 4 bar ending. Either remove it or push it further back by adding enough measures for the final chord hold to fade to silence.

This works like a charm until PG adds this as a feature that works smoothly in some future version of BB/RB.
Posted By: Icelander Re: A "slow-down ending" for RealTracks. - 12/11/14 12:06 PM
Interesting workaround, sounds a tad overcomplex though. Still, thanks for the input, it's worth a shot.
Posted By: Masi Re: A "slow-down ending" for RealTracks. - 01/06/15 06:07 PM
+1

@guitarhacker: How long did it take you to find that workaround?
© PG Music Forums