PG Music Home
Posted By: J. Larry Pedal steel and flugel horn - 02/06/16 03:32 AM
Just like the variety of sax and piano players in BIAB, I’d like to see more real tracks of pedal steel playing, especially in a jazz/swing style. Maybe different players, with different tone colors to their instrument. Anyone remember Curley Chalker? If not, look him up. Something like that style of playing. And, also, how about some soloist tracks on flugel horn. Those would be great for bossa tunes.
Posted By: jford Re: Pedal steel and flugel horn - 02/11/16 06:23 PM
Having heard him play live in concert, I know someone who could make some great flugelhorn RealTracks, and not to mention any names, but his initials are Matt Finley. smile
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Pedal steel and flugel horn - 02/12/16 11:29 PM
Matt, will you contact PGM, or do you want to get us to get them to call you? wink
Posted By: furry Re: Pedal steel and flugel horn - 02/14/16 06:09 PM
PG Need a good celtic accordionist ? grin grin grin
Posted By: Icelander Re: Pedal steel and flugel horn - 02/27/16 03:46 PM
+1 - I'm actually still waiting for that elusive muted trumpet for bossa et al, but flugel had yet to cross my mind in that context.
Sounds intriguing, if you have case samples?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Pedal steel and flugel horn - 02/27/16 04:52 PM
Icelander, I always love to play flugel on Bossa Nova songs. If you would like a sample, I have a 2 1/2 minute video that would give you a good idea. http://www.mattfinley.com/video.htm

John and Trevor, I am honored by your support. It has always been my goal to find the time to experiment with flugelhorn User Tracks. As far as playing flugel and pedal steel, I come up short on the pedal steel part. laugh
Posted By: Icelander Re: Pedal steel and flugel horn - 02/27/16 06:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Icelander, I always love to play flugel on Bossa Nova songs. If you would like a sample, I have a 2 1/2 minute video that would give you a good idea. http://www.mattfinley.com/video.htm
Well, I can certainly hear why people are suggesting you for the job cool

But this is the thing, to the layman like me there's not that clear difference from where the flugel is and not 'just a mellow trumpet'! confused
© PG Music Forums