PG Music Home
Posted By: theglide More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 12/31/16 02:08 AM
The number of styles designated as Mexican or Tex-Mex I have found in Band-in-a-Box is very limited. I'm wanting to create some "huapangueros" such as Linda Ronstadt's Rogaciano El Huapanguero. Also, I had sequenced several traditional Mexican folkloricos such as Las Mananitas which require a very solid 3/4 time.

Perhaps there are styles that could be used for this type music; for example: songss by groups such as "The Hometown Boys" (Mexican polkas), "Los Super Seven" (La Sirena, El Canoero, Margarita), Flaco Jimenez (The Free Mexican Air Force) or "Los Tigres Del Norte" (songs with "corrido" in their name), but I haven't found them.

If someone could make some styles with real tracks or point me to some currently available styles that I could use, I would be most appreciative.
Posted By: larrymagee Re: More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 12/31/16 03:53 AM
+1
Posted By: MarioD Re: More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 12/31/16 12:35 PM
another +1
Posted By: JasonWhiteman Re: More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 12/31/16 09:09 PM
I had also requested some of the more modern styles as well in a previous post. Along with examples - as someone was wanting/willing to create some user content (or appeared to be).

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=260930#Post260930

Not all the links may still be "alive" - but hopefully enough to be representative.

... the 49 pack 2017 does have 3/4 Mariachi, and a Mexican polka realtrack. So the more traditional styles have some coverage.
Posted By: larrymagee Re: More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 01/02/17 08:58 PM
I'd love to see those new Mariachi styles expanded to include Mexican trumpets and violins.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 01/19/17 08:44 AM
Definitely worthy of consideration.
+1
Posted By: Tito Navarro Re: More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 10/29/17 05:04 PM
Love your quote.

Irving
From Orlando, FL
Posted By: J. Larry Re: More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 10/30/17 02:46 AM
Since some of the arranger keyboards are beginning to offer models that reflect various musical styles from around the world, might it be time for BIAB to begin thinking about categorizing musical styles across cultures? Just a thought.
Posted By: furry Re: More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 10/30/17 07:30 AM
plus one on all accounts
Posted By: John-Luke Re: More Tex-Mex and 3/4 time styles - 10/30/17 03:54 PM
Originally Posted By: J. Larry
Since some of the arranger keyboards are beginning to offer models that reflect various musical styles from around the world, might it be time for BIAB to begin thinking about categorizing musical styles across cultures? Just a thought.

+1 to enlarge the styles panel.
© PG Music Forums