PG Music Home
As a Trumpet player, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the brass RTS in BIAB. They are very mellow, and do not go into the Upper Register, I'm talking about Jerry Hey Horns, BST, Tower of Power, with a much more contemporary vibe......comments?
Agree, and would love some higher register trumpet riffs. The mellow "big band" is great, but it's all in the lower registers.

And even in big band style, it would be great to have something like the last verse of Glenn Miller's "Tuxedo Junction".

Maybe some nice brass riff's along the lines of what you hear in Quincy Jone's "Ai No Corrida" or Toto's "Rosanna" or Supertramp's "Cannonball" or Paul Simon's "Late In The Evening" or Simon and Garfunkel's "Keep The Customer Satisfied" or ...

A good start might be looking at some of the brass riff's available in the Native Instrument's Session Horns Pro Kontakt library, which has various brass riffs in different genres available.
Gary Grant is gone, but Jerry Hey is still producing fabulous writing. Wayne Bergeron and Dan Fornero would be a good start...
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Gary Grant is gone, but Jerry Hey is still producing fabulous writing. Wayne Bergeron and Dan Fornero would be a good start...

whaaaa? I didn't know Gary passed away??

I've admired Jerry's work for decades, not familiar with Dan Fornero.
Originally Posted By: Edward Buckley
As a Trumpet player, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the brass RTS in BIAB. They are very mellow, and do not go into the Upper Register, I'm talking about Jerry Hey Horns, BST, Tower of Power, with a much more contemporary vibe......comments?

Couldn't agree more. That would be a *HUGE* addition!!!
Originally Posted By: Edward Buckley

Agree this would be good.
+1
+1 for RTs and MIDI
+1
Especially the dynamics.
© PG Music Forums