PG Music Home
Posted By: Matt_W Some rumba-style blues would be great.... - 02/16/18 03:57 AM
.....Blues tracks using a rumba rhythm. Something like Albert King's Crosscut Saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g23A3cRlE . (This song is in the BIAB song title list, but none of the suggested styles match very well.)

Some 50s/60s latin american blues tracks would provide a great complement to the usual blues shuffles, etc.
+1

You hear a lot of Latin tinged rhythms in 50's and 60's rock n' roll,blues,etc. Using the current Latin styles in BIAB doesn't quite get it.
Matt_W,

+1 Great first post!

I really appreciate you adding the YouTube link in your first post. After listening to Albert King play "Crosscut Saw" I totally agree Latin tinged blues would be very interesting to explore.

Latin tinged blues might work with some Freddy King tunes also.
Posted By: Matt_W Re: Some rumba-style blues would be great.... - 02/18/18 06:35 PM
Thanks, Jim.

Yes, Freddie King, for sure. BB, Otis Rush, Buddy Guy and Magic Sam too.

I'm pretty new to BIAB (like just over a week!), but even with the Ultraplus pak, the electric blues selection so far seems a bit limited compared to the massive (and very welcome to me) proliferation of jazz styles. And Texas seems a bit overrepresented compared to Chicago and Memphis. There's still plenty to play with, but there's so much more to the blues repertoire than the usual diet of fast, medium and slow shuffles..
Posted By: MikeK Re: Some rumba-style blues would be great.... - 02/19/18 08:27 AM
Definitely a +1 on this request.

Welcome, Matt!
Yes, yes, yes. Classic Rhumba Blues
B.B. King - Wake Up This Morning
Magic Sam - All Your Love (i Miss Lovin)
Posted By: MarioD Re: Some rumba-style blues would be great.... - 02/25/18 10:10 PM
Originally Posted By: MikeK
Definitely a +1 on this request.

Welcome, Matt!

I agree.

+1
Yes I agree entirely.

BIAB already covers country acoustic & electric style blues very well.

Now we need authentic black american Blues styles a la:

Howlin Wolf
Muddy Waters
BB King
Willie Dixon
Buddy Guy

How about some matching brass backing tracks as well.

Thanks & Best Regards
Nigel
Posted By: MarioD Re: Some rumba-style blues would be great.... - 04/01/18 12:21 PM
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
Yes I agree entirely.

BIAB already covers country acoustic & electric style blues very well.

Now we need authentic black american Blues styles a la:

Howlin Wolf
Muddy Waters
BB King
Willie Dixon
Buddy Guy

How about some matching brass backing tracks as well.

Thanks & Best Regards
Nigel

I agree but you should start another wish list thread, one for each request. That way you will get more responses.
1940s and 50s Jump Blues
Louis Jordan
Wynonnie Harris
Luis Prima
Roy Milton
Bill Jennings

There is one older Jump Blues Style that's not very accurate and some of the Rockabilly / Jive styles work, but...
Thanks for taking the time to offer suggestions!
Definitely big +1 on this please

In fact general increase/improvements in the Blues genre. Blues is way more than a Texas Shuffle, and BIAB is a bit weak on blues styles.

Thanks
Mark
Hi Ember,

Thanks for joining in on this discussion.

So what are your plans to add more Blues Real Tracks and more Rumba and other Blues Styles to BIAB?

Best Regards
Nigel
Does Ember really exist?
Please blues rhumba. Mary Ann -Ray Charles, Early Every Morning - B.B. King (Louis Jordan), All Your Lovin' (I Miss Lovin") - Otis Rush, Crosscut Saw - Albert King, and many, many more. Often there is a switch to a shuffle beat after the vocal choruses. A good case for multi-styles with good transitions.
I agree with all the above suggestions and please don't forget about:

* Chicago Blues Styles (NOT Texas & NOT Nashville Blues Styles - you already have these covered).

* Think - BB King, Albert King, Willie Dixon, Buddy Guy, Little Walter

* Think Space - Listen to Albert King "I'll Play The Blues For You", "Born Under a Bad Sign" & "Crosscut Saw" - The less You play the better it gets!

* Blues Brass Real Tracks - in the style of BB King, Roomful of Blues, Albert King (I'm sure you could convince the three guys in Roomful of Blues Brass Section to visit your studio for half a day).

* Rhumba Blues Real Tracks/Drums

* Blues Rhythm Guitar Real Tracks in style of Jimmie Rodgers

* Blues Organ Solo Real Tracks

* Blues Harp Soloist in style of Little Walter, Big Walter Horton, James Cotton
Posted By: MarioD Re: Some rumba-style blues would be great.... - 07/16/19 09:23 AM
Originally Posted By: NigelSpiers
I agree with all the above suggestions and please don't forget about:

* Chicago Blues Styles (NOT Texas & NOT Nashville Blues Styles - you already have these covered).

* Think - BB King, Albert King, Willie Dixon, Buddy Guy, Little Walter

* Think Space - Listen to Albert King "I'll Play The Blues For You", "Born Under a Bad Sign" & "Crosscut Saw" - The less You play the better it gets!

* Blues Brass Real Tracks - in the style of BB King, Roomful of Blues, Albert King (I'm sure you could convince the three guys in Roomful of Blues Brass Section to visit your studio for half a day).

* Rhumba Blues Real Tracks/Drums

* Blues Rhythm Guitar Real Tracks in style of Jimmie Rodgers

* Blues Organ Solo Real Tracks

* Blues Harp Soloist in style of Little Walter, Big Walter Horton, James Cotton

A BIG +1 FOR RTs AND MIDI
+ 1
Chicago Blues it is
No news on Rhumba blues?
+1
+2
+3
Some rumba-style blues would be great....

PG Music - Please above for details of this request.
© PG Music Forums