PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul Custom Drum Kits - 03/03/18 05:02 PM
I think like the extra paks we need custom drum kits that feature a blend of different RT drums. I could see a blues drum track be combined with a funk drum track to make a blue funk drum track.
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Custom Drum Kits - 03/09/18 05:25 PM
Hi Islansoul,

What you're describing wouldn't really be possible with RealDrums, but has been possible for years with MIDI drums. RealDrums are recordings of a live drummer playing on a real drum kit, so custom kits simply aren't possible.

You can load up a custom drum kit in any drum sampler, like NI Battery, Superior Drummer, etc, and apply that kit to any of our MIDI drums though.

Maybe what you're looking for is new MIDI drums, like we made for other instruments with our MIDI SuperTracks? I'd be more than happy to pass that suggestion along.

Thanks
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Custom Drum Kits - 03/09/18 08:55 PM
How to make Custom RealDrums Styles

UserTrack Custom Drums

RealDrums Templates with Markers Download

Not sure what you mean by combined them, but you can create your own custom drums easily, you can even use the PG RD's.
You can have the blues playing the verse and funk for the chorus just by copying the verse section from the blues real drums track then copy the chorus section from the funk real drums track and combined them to create up a new custom real drum.

The easiest way is the UserTracks Drums, the next is the RealDrum Templates with Midi Markers, these will show in your DAW as Part A, A fill, A Post Fill, Part B, B Fill, B Post Fill etc.. then you just drag your midi or wav loops or section into the track and save.
Posted By: Icelander Re: Custom Drum Kits - 03/21/18 09:16 PM
Kent's notion of Supertrack Drums is actually something I've raised on here before, so I'd fully support that idea.

And I thought that from BBox 2017 and onwards having two Realdrums playing together was already an option...or am I not getting the same understanding of the intended post as Kent (who claims it not being possible) confused
© PG Music Forums