PG Music Home
Posted By: Samuel Davis Alternative Rock - 04/08/18 01:00 PM
I think it would be great to have a Alternative Rock/Pop real tracks set added to BIAB. Something with simpler drums and guitar tracks that are a little more subdued. I managed to make one song like this using some of the plugins built into BIAB but it would be nice to have actual alternative styles already in the real tracks picker. If nothing else a sub-genre for alternative rock with some suggestions of current styles would be great.

Just an idea... Thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Alternative Rock - 04/08/18 01:18 PM
Sammy,

Nice idea ... maybe, I don't know. Main issue is I don't know what alternate rock sounds like. Any chance you can provide links to a few songs that would serve as examples?
Posted By: MikeK Re: Alternative Rock - 04/08/18 02:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Sammy,

Nice idea ... maybe, I don't know. Main issue is I don't know what alternate rock sounds like. Any chance you can provide links to a few songs that would serve as examples?

Check this ... gives you a good idea, Jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwszeQEwbrI
Posted By: Samuel Davis Re: Alternative Rock - 04/09/18 04:30 PM
Originally Posted By: MikeK
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Sammy,

Check this ... gives you a good idea, Jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwszeQEwbrI

Thos are some good examples of older alt. rock but I was thinking more along the lines of what's on the radio now. I'll leave some examples below.

"Animals" by Neon Trees
"Everybody Talks" by Neon Trees
"Read My Mind" by The Killers
"Just Another Girl" by The Killers
" Will Wait" by Mumford & Sons
"Trouble" by Cage The Elephant
"Phantom Limb" by The Shins
"Sober Up" by AJR

The last one I know would be hard to do with a BIAB style but I really like the song and it has some great musical elements.

Listening to some of these I'm sure that we have real tracks that would be able to get close to this genre. It would just be nice if we had a sub-genre category to help sort them better.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Alternative Rock - 04/09/18 08:40 PM
+1 for the Alt-Rock sub genre description.

Thanks Sammy and Mike.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Alternative Rock - 04/10/18 11:43 AM
+1
© PG Music Forums