PG Music Home
Posted By: Island Soul More Country Style Bass - 04/29/18 04:50 PM
I would like to see more country style bass that just plays the root and the fifth.
Posted By: J. Larry Re: More Country Style Bass - 07/03/18 12:23 AM
And, I would add more country walking bass styles in both acoustic and electric forms. I love the old Ray Price shuffle used by many artists in country music----especially the classic country material.
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: More Country Style Bass - 08/27/18 04:48 PM
Hello! Thanks for taking the time to off your feedback and content requests. This has been noted!
Posted By: Roger Brown Re: More Country Style Bass - 07/23/19 09:45 AM
Bumping this thread....still would love to see a country shuffle bass/style added..... Radney Foster's "Just Call Me Lonesome" or "I Couldn't Leave You If I Tried" by Rodney Crowell would be more recent examples - going further back, "Heartaches By The Number" or "Crazy Arms" would be older examples.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: More Country Style Bass - 07/23/19 11:50 AM
Originally Posted By: R Brown
Bumping this thread....still would love to see a country shuffle bass/style added..... Radney Foster's "Just Call Me Lonesome" or "I Couldn't Leave You If I Tried" by Rodney Crowell would be more recent examples - going further back, "Heartaches By The Number" or "Crazy Arms" would be older examples.

Roger,

The +++ Steel Guitar Forum +++ has a section devoted to Band-in-a-Box. At one time the forum offered a Ray Price midi style available for a $9 (US) donation. The style features four on the floor drums and shuffle bass. There are multiple patterns that can be selected using the A/B part markers.

For users interested in steel guitar the forum is a great resource.

I should mention there is a $5 (US) fee to join.
Posted By: Roger Brown Re: More Country Style Bass - 07/23/19 11:18 PM
Thanks for the tip, Jim.

When in need, I've usually just played the bass part myself on my midi....I have a really good virtual bass plugin (amplesound.net) that sounds tremendous and is easy to use....I'm just getting lazy in my old age and BIAB has pretty much spoiled me.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: More Country Style Bass - 07/24/19 10:28 PM
I like the sound of the Amplesound instruments. Unfortunately they are a little above my pay grade. For someone making great sounding recordings like you they make economical sense.

In case you don't know, Amplesound released an update, V3 last week so you may want to check it out +++ HERE +++ .

Don't overlook the bass patterns in Band-in-a-Box's midi styles. Band-in-a-Box's midi patterns are as good as any you'll find anywhere.

You do not have to be a member of the Steel Guitar Forum to purchase the Ray Price midi styles. +++ HERE +++ is a webpage with a better description of the styles.
Posted By: MarioD Re: More Country Style Bass - 07/25/19 11:48 AM
Amplesound bases do sound great. I was fortunate to win all of them in a contest. BiaB MIDI bass tracks sound great with them.
© PG Music Forums