PG Music Home
Posted By: nonchai Jamiroquai styles - 04/04/20 03:03 PM
Jamiroquai grooves are quite distinctive and it would be great to have them added - say in some new funk collection
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Jamiroquai styles - 04/04/20 03:26 PM
Do you have a link or two to demonstrate the sound?
Posted By: eddie1261 Re: Jamiroquai styles - 04/05/20 01:58 AM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Do you have a link or two to demonstrate the sound?

Here's a very typical one, Matt. I hear a lot of Nile Rogers and Chic in them. And any band Hiram Bullock was ever in. Just a little more synthesized and orchestral with strings and horns. Which, by the way, is all canned when they perform. Saw them once and loved the music, just wish they had a real horn section and maybe one more synth player for the strings. 4 or 5 musicians with jobs.

Soul Education

Posted By: Richard Aylward Re: Jamiroquai styles - 01/30/21 04:31 PM
+1

I was not familiar with this band until I recently saw a training video with the keyboard player. They do indeed have some fantastic grooves and voicings.
Posted By: MoveToGroove Re: Jamiroquai styles - 01/01/22 09:44 AM
A big +1 for Jamiroquai styles!

One of the Big Players in funky 90s Acid Jazz. Practically everything on each of their albums is great.
However, the best known hits are: Virtual Insanity, Cosmic Girl, Too Young to Die, Space Cowboy, Emergency on Planet Earth, Deeper Underground and last but definately not least Canned Heat.

Canned Heat belongs to my All Time Favourite Songs in General, so I put in a video from that tune:

And quite an interesting arrangement, since it quite tastefully connects Classical Music with Acid Jazz: King for a Day

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Jamiroquai styles - 01/09/22 01:47 AM
Yes. Jamiroquai has a classic distinctive style.

+1
Posted By: major7th Re: Jamiroquai styles - 10/05/23 05:03 AM
x1,000,000
© PG Music Forums