PG Music Home
Several PG'ers tout the skills listed as topics in this course. I'm signed up and looking forward to it. So far, I've taken 3 of the Berklee music courses and they have all been outstanding in different ways.

I think I actually have some of the skills listed as topics in this course, but it will be interesting to have them taught outright.

https://www.coursera.org/course/musicianship

The other courses I've taken have been worth a few hundred dollars each in terms of how they have opened my eyes and changed my methods in songwriting, performance and recording.

Also, again thanks to Noel96 who first pointed out the brilliance of Pat Pattison on this forum - Pat teaches the excellent free songwriting course from Berklee/Coursera.
fyi

Earn a Specialization Certificate
To earn the Specialization Certificate, complete Signature Track for all 3 courses and the Capstone project.
Developing Your Musicianship

Introduction to Music Production

Songwriting

Capstone Project
Capstone Project
Upcoming Session: 10.13.14
Duration: 4 weeks

Capstone
Students will choose a song they wrote in the Songwriting course, further develop it, and create a polished production of it using a digital audio workstation. Students will be graded through a combination of exams and peer-graded assignments related to the development and completion of the polished production of their song. The capstone project will be offered four times per year.

https://www.coursera.org/specialization/modernmusician/5?utm_medium=courseDescripTop
Says there is a $39 fee...probably worth it though.
From what I can tell, the $39 is in case you want the certificate. Is the certificate good for anything, who knows? All of the other free Berklee courses through Coursera have been similar, participate in the course for free, pay for the certificate program if you like.
Hi Scott. I am enrolled. Looking forward to it!
I am enrolled, but due to a family illness, I likely won't be able to invest large chunks of time into this one.

-Scott
© PG Music Forums