PG Music Home
I’ve put together a series of free music files for Band In A Box that are focused on the “Circle of Fifth’s” and on “Diatonic Progressions”, intervals, chords, arpeggios, scales and modes.

They cover the “Circle of Fifths” in 12 keys and they’re in “Diatonic Progressions” in each of the 12 keys. There are 7 different files for each key, all grouped together by key for easy access in BIAB. There are 84 files included. They consist of the following in each of the 12 keys and the music is written in the treble clef. All files are programmed to a MIDI style and can be easily changed to a style and tempo of your choosing in BIAB.

01. There is a “Diatonic” chord progression in each key. For example, in the key of C the chord progression is C, Dm, Em, F, G7, Am, Bdim, C. The progression then descends along the same path. The “ascending” and “descending” pattern is used in all 12 keys.

02. The “Diatonic” chord progression in each key is used with a variety of instruments while providing BIAB soloists in ascending and descending patterns.

03. The “Diatonic” chord progression in each key is used in ascending and descending patterns with only the “root” note as the melody.

04. The “Diatonic” chord progression in each key is used in ascending and descending patterns with the “root and third” notes as the melody.

05. The “Diatonic” chord progression in each key is used in ascending and descending patterns with the “root and fifth” notes as the melody.

06. The “Diatonic” chord progression in each key is used in ascending and descending patterns in “triads”, or the “root, third and fifth”, or “arpeggios” of each chord as the melody.

07. The “Diatonic” chord progression in each key is used in ascending and descending patterns in “scales” or “modes” of each chord as the melody. The first chord and scale would be the “Ionian” mode. The second would be the “Dorian” mode. The third would be the “Phrygian” mode. The fourth would be the “Lydian” mode. The fifth would be the “Mixolydian” mode. The sixth would be the “Aeolian” mode. The seventh would be the “Locrian” mode.

These files can be used to practice on your instrument or vocals. I originally programmed them to practice both at the same time. It doesn’t matter what instrument you play because with BIAB you can change the melody notes from treble clef to bass clef or simply change octaves with a couple of clicks of the mouse.

If you don’t have BIAB, I would strongly urge you to get it whether you use these lessons or not. It’s WAY too much fun to pass up. Take care and keep on playing and singing. People need more music in their lives.

The files can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zgihc71i0kaz9vq/AABEX4WMEM8z_FRY-dnKIjWba
Posted By: duddley Re: Free non-copyrighted BIAB practice files - 07/17/14 05:28 AM
Thanks a lot, Bob. Those are really useful!
Great for theory work Bob!
I downloaded them -- thanks Bob!
You're welcome guys. I hope you find them helpful.
Thanks for the time and effort Bob.

Also, by rearranging the files into individual subfolders, you can apply the jukebox function to automatically play every key around the circle automatically - useful for learning all scales and modes in all keys. If you want you can even get the jukebox to shuffle the keys randomly.

John E.
Thanks Bob,
These are really useful for practicing violin scales and modes, makes things a lot more interesting.
Dave
Posted By: receder Re: Free non-copyrighted BIAB practice files - 01/31/15 01:04 PM
Thanks Bob for your time and effort.

Much appreciated.

Rec
Awesome, Bob! Thanks!
I downloaded them. thanks bob. much appreciated.
© PG Music Forums