PG Music Home
Hi, im trying to load the harmony of Don't get around much anymore. Duke version. To band in a box.
I dont know how to adapt the score to biab.
There are some repetition bars. Sections with numbers, etc.
I dont know how many repetitions do i have to set to each other based on the score.

I'm trying to play some standards, and found that i have problems reading, so i recalled biab to learn them.

Do you have some tutorials to load standards? (i know there is a collection of 500 standards from a site, but my idea is to learn how to load them.)
Richard, there are plenty of web sites with BIAB files to download for free, and a great number of them are standards. Just do a Google search and I'm sure you will find some.
Assuming you have the chord progression entered and the melody of "Don't Get Around Much Anymore" on the melody track, then you have a couple of options for the harmony. You can either just enter the harmony notes on the soloist track (or even as additional notes on the melody track), or you can use one of the built in harmony functions in BIAB, where it will harmonize to the melody, according to the chord progression, in the manner of the harmonist you specify. That harmony will reside on a different channel, but you can make it permanent. Now, there won't be a selection to "harmonize this in the style of Duke Ellington on Don't Get Around Much Anymore"; if you want that, you'll have to enter the notes yourself. Instead, it will be something like "Piano (double octaves)" or "Country Guitar 3 Part" or "Big Band Brass 5 part", etc.

You can find more information about harmonizing MIDI melodies in the PDF user manual on page 177 under "Harmonize the MIDI Melody".

If you need more information about entering specific notes based on the melody, you'll need to enter that information using the Notation features (see Page 204 under "View and Print Notation"), or using the Piano Roll (see Page 197 "Piano Roll Window").

Don't know if this helps, but please provide additional information so we can better figure out exactly what you want to do.
© PG Music Forums