PG Music Home
Can BB generate a basic solo piano comp over a given progression? Full chords in the right hand, one or two note bass in the left, some rythmic variety and no huge hand stretches or leaps.

I've tried some styles that generate piano parts, but the results were either too simplistic or not very playable. I'm a relative beginner looking to improve my piano sight reading skills.
gminor,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm not sure how effective this would be but you could try generating some of the Realtrack piano accompaniments. The Piano Realtracks were physically played by world-class musicians. As such, they should be (a) playable and (b) a reasonable standard.

If you download the zip file at the below link, you'll find that is contains a pdf and a BIAB file. The pdf was obtained by generating Realtrack #811.

link to zip file

Just a thought.

Regards,
Noel
Thanks, Noel. It is still unplayable, but it makes the problem clear: BB incorrectly distributes notes between the hands.
A lot of low notes on the top staff (right hand) must be on the bottom one (left hand) for human hands to be able to play these intervals.

Perhaps this can be fixed in another software, like Finale or Sibelius?
© PG Music Forums