PG Music Home
Posted By: bowlesj Putting Loop segments on a new line - 04/25/17 11:19 AM
Hi,

To improve my improvising certain sections of a song it occurred to me it would be helpful to create a copy of the BIAB file for the song with _Loops on the end of the file name. Once this is created I would only have the loops for the hard parts of the song. To make it easier to find each loop (and highlight the bars to initiate the loop) I would start each loop start on a new line.

The problem is I can't figure out how to create the line break. I would also need to know how to remove that line break if I have made a mistake.

I am sure it is simple. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John
Posted By: bowlesj Re: Putting Loop segments on a new line - 04/25/17 11:33 AM
I figured it out. I found the answer at this post.
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=57670

I have to make the bar for the start of a loop a new section then I have to right click on the bar and go to display options to make sure "new line for every section" is checked then I have to also make sure that any repeats are fully deleted. To delete all repeats I do this (right click any bar, click on repeats, click on "delete all", answer yes).

So at this point if I want to remove the line break I would make the bar not a new section. To do this I just click on the portion just before the chord symbol in the bar so it becomes not colored (remove the green or blue).
© PG Music Forums