PG Music Home
Title says it all.

Thanks in advance!
Pick a style, mute the guitar track,start at a slow tempo, and practice your chords with that backing track.

Start simple, say a three chord blues.

Play one fingering until you are comfortable with it. Repeat it in all keys, transpose is your friend here.

Then repeat the process using another fingering until you have mastered them all.

Then start mixing chord fingerings using as little movement as you can with your fretting hand.

I hope this helps.
There's probably a way to set things up in BiaB. I would start by entering individual notes on the staff (in edit mode) that correspond to the notes in the CAGED system for a single chord -- say C for example -- and see where that gets me.

Or you could go visit YouTube and watch the several videos on the subject. Here's a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhrGeolItvw

And over on the right side of the screen you'll see a bunch of videos on the same subject. Plenty to watch.
Try this,

Set up a chord sequence of five bars with each chord sequentially laid out, C C C C C, A A A A A, G G G G G, E E E E E and finally D D D D D. For each bar play the corresponding chord in a different position on the neck. Set a slow tempo

Then play the corresponding arpeggio over each bar.

Then play the corresponding pentatonic scale over each bar in each of the five positions.

Then play the corresponding mode in each position.

Then increase the tempo and repeat. grin
Thanks for all you excellent advice guys! :-)
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Try this,

Set up a chord sequence of five bars with each chord sequentially laid out, C C C C C, A A A A A, G G G G G, E E E E E and finally D D D D D. For each bar play the corresponding chord in a different position on the neck. Set a slow tempo

Then play the corresponding arpeggio over each bar.

Then play the corresponding pentatonic scale over each bar in each of the five positions.

Then play the corresponding mode in each position.

Then increase the tempo and repeat. grin

This is pure frikkin' gold. grin

Thank you, kind stranger!
If you liked that, then you need to meet my guy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fo_w0bf4Uk&list=PLH8SpmhtFbBtOQWQ1My4w7dafpewxZ_9H
Thanks for the post :-)
© PG Music Forums