PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 07/27/18 02:57 PM

CYNC site
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 07/28/18 08:58 AM
Thanks for posting this, Mike!

I'd REALLY like to try this, but I am not getting any sound from it.

Has anyone tried this? Are you hearing anything?

Could be because I am using IE? If you hear sound, what browser are you using???

https://cync.app/
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 07/28/18 10:48 AM
I'm getting sound. First tried with Chrome, then IE. Running windows 10.
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 07/28/18 05:46 PM
Thanks for checking, Dave. I still can't get any sound out of it. Even after a reboot to make sure "things aren't stuck". (Windows 7).
Posted By: CeeBee Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 07/29/18 04:51 AM
Works ok for me on Windows 7.

Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 07/29/18 07:38 AM
Floyd, could it be a firewall setting at your end or a security setting on your browser? I guess when you press the coloured dot it must be running javascript or something to send that choice back to the server, maybe that is being blocked?

Not that I claim to know anything about this sort of thing mind you smile
Posted By: floyd jane Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 07/30/18 04:32 PM
I installed Firefox - works fine there...

(thanks for the help, y'all)
Posted By: Ember - PG Music Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 08/29/18 04:12 PM
What a cool find! Seems like people had some fun with it (and some trouble), but still a really neat thing to share!
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 09/11/18 12:38 PM
I managed to get it working - really cool stuff, and easy to use! Thanks for sharing smile
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 09/12/18 11:28 PM
This reminds me a bit of Propellerhead's Figure app, though this is much better-suited to wonky rhythms.

Cheers
Kent
PG Music
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 09/15/18 04:09 PM

This is really very cool. I exported some midis to the DAW and ran them through programs and see how this can be a lot of fun.

At the same time, I have to say in my exploration of Real Drums and loops (which are my favorites) I think there is a vast ocean of possibilities in BIAB/PG percussion which goes relatively unused (insofar as what I hear on the forums anyway) and which has a huge, robust sound to it.

But again, this is fun and I can see it being kind of addictive.
Posted By: 2bSolo Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 09/17/18 11:59 AM
David,

I don't think I've seen PG Percussion. Are the files with just congas or other percussion instruments?

2b
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 09/18/18 01:19 PM

2B,

There are a lot of loops that are really cool, if you go to "generate a loop" in RB or insert/add a loop track in one of the slots in BIAB. Spend some time looking at the loops. There are a lot of really cool ones.

In Drums there are shakers, tambourines and so forth, lots of cool stuff.

I thought that site was cool, but for me it lacks too much control for me to use it on an actual project, though others might like it.

If I am going to to program drums I usually do it in guitar pro, and then I can be really meticulous about the percussive pieces I pick and the rhythm and so forth, and went I export the midi it produces a file that most drums synths reproduce faithfully.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Make Beats For Free With CYNC - 11/24/18 10:08 PM
Brilliant (IMHO)
© PG Music Forums