PG Music Home
Posted By: David Snyder Video Real Tracks are Cool! - 01/08/22 07:12 PM
So I recently discovered Video Real Tracks and got the first set with Brent Mason and his buddies as a band last night, and the jazz guitar video tracks from Oliver Gannon today.

At $19.95 they are much less than a single half hour music lesson most places.

https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.videorealtracks.htm.

I did not expect they would be this cool, but they will add significantly more fun to my songwriting time, and jazz practice time.

Being able to SEE people "playing the song" is a great way to get in the mood and get inspired, by jamming. I created a set of standard progressions for Brent and his buddies to cycle through while I jam and sing along until intelligible words start to pop out. It takes a lot of the drudgery out of it. I run the video right inside of Cakewalk so I can hit record if I start babbling something usable.

If you stand in front of the mic with a Strat around your neck, banging chords and singing, it is funny to look over you shoulder and see the band going to town. With enough imagination, it is easy to put yourself right in the old recording studio frame of mind--jamming with your besties. I do think it is going to reinvigorate my rock and roll songwriting side.

For jazz practice, it is so fun to see Oliver comping along with the notation while you are trying to learn new chords,progressions and licks. Again, it makes it much more fun. Not bad for $19.95! And you can get 5,000 lessons out of it should you so desire. Ah, technology.

smile

Attached File
Video Real Tracks.png  (3 downloads)
Attached picture Video Real Tracks.jpg
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Video Real Tracks are Cool! - 01/08/22 09:10 PM
If you set in the Song 'Setting Avoid Transpositions in RealTracks' they should be more accurate in positions.
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Video Real Tracks are Cool! - 01/08/22 09:33 PM

Thanks! Where is that? Got a screenshot by any chance?

smile
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Video Real Tracks are Cool! - 01/08/22 10:02 PM
Here:

Attached picture BB22-Avoid-Transpositions.png
Posted By: David Snyder Re: Video Real Tracks are Cool! - 01/08/22 10:06 PM

Thank you!!

smile
© PG Music Forums