PG Music Home
laugh laugh laugh
Loved it!
That was hilarious!

As soon as I heard #1 I immediately thought of PGM's package labeling!
Well, he lies a bit in #10 and #13 but otherwise, he is somewhat amusing and fairly accurate about PT. He's certainly not wrong when he says that it sucks completely.

He missed how well it plays with notation apps other than Avid's Sibelius and MusicXML export... oh wait, it doesn't do either as I get to tell Finale, Notion and Dorico users.

He doesn't go into the real reasons why "Pros don't use Reaper" so I'll leave that alone. Some of my clients use it so I know how but I never will.
Number 1:
"Putting the word Pro next to your product automatically makes it better"

Hmmmm.... perhaps not for every product......... cry
Reaper's upgrade program has changed a little over the last decade. These days there're is version based restriction to updates for an iteration of the program. After which one is stuck with the last update done. Alternatively the old version can be thoroughly removed and a new, free, "trial" nag screen one can be installed OR spend a little money and get it again. I've not updated for about four years but I'm happy with the version I'm using - it & W10 are stable.
Fricker is wearying to watch & listen to. His channel has LOTS of great stuff BUT most of it is related to recording & mixing "metal". He's too exhausting to spend much time with for me.
Mind you his video about "band" photography is really quite good.
© PG Music Forums