PG Music Home
Izotope, makers of Ozone, have updated their free guide to mastering. Although it discusses their product (which I like and use), the guide can be of value to anyone who is interested in a readable short guide on the subject of mastering.

We occasionally see posts on this forum asking how to make home recordings sound more like commercial recordings, and one answer is to learn more about what mastering can do to complement mixing.

http://downloads.izotope.com/guides/iZotopeMasteringGuide_MasteringWithOzone.pdf
Grabbed it for my reference library. Thanks, Matt!
Hi Matt, What a great free guide! Already in my .PDF folder.
I was very pleased, (on a first "flick thru") to discover how much I already had changed in my approach to mixing........which pleased my mastering tech!.....on the most recent CD, he told me of this! Most of which I've learned from sources like this, or from my friends in BIAB forum! From being being a complete "newbie" on the home recording scene, I can now play & produce things that I am quite pleased with! OK, I mix my live playing with RealTracks.....(which I sometimes modify & paste quite a bit)......but for my own particular styles.....Dixie Jazz & semi-country... the end result is becoming more successful .......in spite of serious illness recently, causing quite a bit of re-learning........ One of the thoughts foremost in my mind, when things were at their worst was......("There are lots of guys on the BIAB forum,who are much worse off than you.....and they STILL make great music!) That really kept me going thru hours of practice!.....How did I veer off track? (I'll start feeling sorry for myself sgain!)
This has turned into a longer post than I meant Matt,....... now I'll have to try and see how much of the Ozone instructions are applicable in SONAR 8.5!! Regards, Joe G.
Thanks Matt for the heads up.
Thanks Matt....that's a good reference.
Thanks a lot Matt, will print and bind.
Thanks Matt will have a good read.

Would I be right in thinking that an off-shoot of this would be that the user will have a better understanding of mixing as well?

Thanks again
Musilcover
+1
Thanks
One of the reasons I really like Izotope; lots of good info along with the great tools.
FWIW their tools work well in RB/PT. At least they do here.
I use Izotope, love it. Thanks for the heads up Matt!
Hello Matt
many thanks for taking the time to post your thread and the Link.
A great Read - SUPER INFORMATIVE.
cheers
ian
© PG Music Forums